Thread: The old BN C30-7s at Alliance, Nebraska... are they still there?

Default The old BN C30-7s at Alliance, Nebraska... are they still there?

Hey everyone. Next month I am going to be going on a trip out east to South Dakota and western Nebraska. There is a possibility that on the way back from South Dakota, I will be passing through Alliance, Nebraska. As of last September, according to photos on Railpictures, there was still a pair of BN C30-7s sitting derelict there and if they are still there I plan to go see them if possible. The latest satellite imagery of Alliance is from 2013 so it is no help. Does anyone know if the C30-7s are still there? If they are still there, I have heard they are being used as backup generators if the locomotive shops lose power.
    Rest In Peace, Southern Pacific.
    Founded 1865
    Merged into UP 1996
    Last Unit Renumbered 6-28-2016

Quote Originally Posted by jonwray View Post
    Hey everyone. Next month I am going to be going on a trip out east to South Dakota and western Nebraska. There is a possibility that on the way back from South Dakota, I will be passing through Alliance, Nebraska. As of last September, according to photos on Railpictures, there was still a pair of BN C30-7s sitting derelict there and if they are still there I plan to go see them if possible. The latest satellite imagery of Alliance is from 2013 so it is no help. Does anyone know if the C30-7s are still there? If they are still there, I have heard they are being used as backup generators if the locomotive shops lose power.
    The last I heard which was a source from May of this year says yes they are. Next to a grain elevator is where they are located at. I can't speak if they made it through the last round of wicked weather that tore through the area a few days ago.
    Chris
    And as always, Have fun!

United States of America, Massachusetts, Haverhill

Quote Originally Posted by Enzo1 View Post
    The last I heard which was a source from May of this year says yes they are. Next to a grain elevator is where they are located at. I can't speak if they made it through the last round of wicked weather that tore through the area a few days ago.
    I saw them last year when I was out that way.

The wicked weather passed by Alliance, though it did a lot of damage in the surrounding area with huge hailstones up to 4-inches across and heave rains.
    John
    Trainz User Since: 12-2003
    Trainz User ID: 124863
    TS12 Build: 61388
    T:ANE Build: 88348