Log-in details leak?

Mikeos

Hello all,

I don't normally post on forums, but I've had this account since I first started playing, and I've started received phishing mails using my Auran forum username.

My question is (since I can't find a way of asking privately) - has anyone else using this forum started receiving unsolicited emails trying to get you to click on a link to find out information about someone who may or may not have posted about you? Typical subject line is "New Topic - Who knows about user xxxxx", with a link to a site that presumably tries to install malware. Don't know for certain because I've not clicked it :)

I've received a couple of these over the last few days, where the xxxxx is my Auran username - I know this is specific to Auran, because I do not use that user name on any other website.

To any Moderators - if this is in the wrong place, my apologies. I couldn't work out where I should put it.

Mike

As you haven't published your email address in your profile it can't be from there, just checked, it could just be coincidence, spammers use automated address creating software and you wil probably find it's sending the same spam to all addresses with Mike** such as AB AC AD all combinations up to MikeZZ.

The subject line by the way is a common catch all phishing email, just report as spam.

That's a fair point re my email address. Just to be clear I wasn't assuming there'd been a security breach... Just curious about other members. If I'm honest, I use a variety of usernames on the web, but this one is unique so it stood out, otherwise I'd just have ignored it like the rest of the junk mails :)

Back