2 Part q on Track laying

valbridge

Rail Tragic
I am using Protrack Procedural track for route creation in T:ANE Sp2 and have noticed that the track condition defaults to 50%. I am aware this condition relates to any track being laid. My q is as follows.

a] Does the track condition influence the smooth running of consists
b] If [a] above is 'yes' then is it possible to change the default to a higher degree across the whole route without fiddling around from spline point to spline point.

I have not looked at the config file yet as some of the vets here might point me in the right direction if track improvement actually influences smoother running.

Last edited:
Answer a): Yes
Answer b): No - a problem that has been raised before but no solution is currently in sight.

Just off the top of my head. Could you temporarily make a route-wide substitution of tracks, then up the track condition and swap back to your tracks. Would that work?

EDIT: Nevermind. I misread the posts. Sorry about that.

BIll

I cheated and got around that inability to apply the track conditions to a particular kind of track.

I cloned some track-types and then added the track-condition tag to the track-container. I now have my rusty, very, very bad track and other tracks.

Sometimes it takes a bit of brute force to get things done.

A very sensible solution John.

The only drawback would be in uploading your route to the DLS - the cloned and reconfigured tracks would become missing assets and unavailable to everyone else.

A very sensible solution John.

The only drawback would be in uploading your route to the DLS - the cloned and reconfigured tracks would become missing assets and unavailable to everyone else.

True. But I don't upload much. I did a few times and it was hell so I don't bother anymore. That solves that issue. :D

True. But I don't upload much. I did a few times and it was hell so I don't bother anymore. That solves that issue. :D

I understand what you have done and have not uploaded the route as yet mainly as it has been constructed in T:ANE SP2 which is yet to be officially released. It'll be my first attempt at uploading a route. Which incidentally I have been working on for ages. SP2 Beta did give me a few headaches and unwanted surprises but by and large came through ok.
Seems obvious now that to bring the track to, say, 75% it'll need to be done manually bit by bit, or should I say spline point to spline point. Laborious!

Thanks everyone for the input. Keep an eye out for The Blue Mountains line from Oz. Sydney to Penrith and a bit of creative licence thrown in.

I understand what you have done and have not uploaded the route as yet mainly as it has been constructed in T:ANE SP2 which is yet to be officially released. It'll be my first attempt at uploading a route. Which incidentally I have been working on for ages. SP2 Beta did give me a few headaches and unwanted surprises but by and large came through ok.
Seems obvious now that to bring the track to, say, 75% it'll need to be done manually bit by bit, or should I say spline point to spline point. Laborious!

Thanks everyone for the input. Keep an eye out for The Blue Mountains line from Oz. Sydney to Penrith and a bit of creative licence thrown in.

That sounds like a great route.

SP2 is solid now, but yeah that road was a bumpy one.

What we want to do is something that we asked for way back when the track condition feature was first added. Unfortunately N3V's implementation is not what we expected. Perhaps some day (fingers crossed) we will have the ability to implement a track condition across a selected spline type as we do to change other assets in the bulk update/delete tool, which was updated when SP1 was introduced to include delete, so there's hope somewhere.

What I did is of course for my own use and I realize that. The problem is I do not have permission to upload my track, though I'm sure if I asked I could upload it but I didn't. With that said, I wish you luck with your upload and should you never need the tag to make your own track conditions, I'll surely assist you with that.

Back