Screenshot of The Week: June 11 to June 18 2017 (Heat)

nicky9499

SSoTW Bot
Greetings.

Mid year for many often means the height of summer and sweltering temps and high humidity if you're really unlucky. An enormous amount of technology has been devoted to cooling everything from people to food to turbochargers. This week's theme is Heat. Please send your theme suggestions for subsequent competitions via email or Skype by clicking on the little icons below my username.

One screenshot allowed per entrant. Screenshots must adhere to the theme and the Trainz Forum Code of Conduct.

Submission closes on June 19 at 12:00 noon UTC/GMT/Zulu time.

Cheerio,
Nicholas

Canada is not known for it's heat, but a steam locomotive cab sure is! The fireman of a local freight takes a break from the heat of the cab and cuts some coal while a fast approaching passenger train passes by.

ef40e753f5961e90d3131c5043621f7a.jpg

Heat can be an absolute measurement. Here, the temperature drops to a mere 270°K as the last snow falls over the eastern Sierra in late June of 1883.
01081FC4D62BC65415FDB78C5162799BE07902B8

It's pretty hard to visualize heat without thinking of a scene like this. A quiet desert highway, a small oasis, just feet from where an old pickup has broken down. Out of options, the driver must hoof it to the service station and hope that someone is there to call for help.

Matt

Last edited:
With the ties smoldering below her and the roofs of her boxcars smoking CP#485 battles her way clear of the 1886 Kicking Horse Pass forest fire.

The fireman always claimed he hadn't needed to feed the boiler through the whole passage because the fire around them was hot enough to keep the pressure up.

Last edited:
I hate to break it to ya, Dan, but Kelvin doesn't use a degrees symbol. LOL Still a good shot though...

I was surprised, but not now apparently, but it did when I took 'A' Level Physics at school and took Applied Physics at college. It changed in 1967/1968 apparently. (I moved on to electronics and programming after that).

Peter.

Well, even though it is a nice spring day on the Pioneer & Avalon route "Limit Striker" line, the line just experienced a major heat wave, causing a roller bearing on engine #510 of train number #3, the Avalon Flyer, to burst into flames.
a5b44c19d7c679fffa3c78285dfff116.jpg

Well... this is the first time that I compete here, and I'll do it with a 189, hauling a pair of Habiss and some shmms-type cars across a fictional desert

ajrf_276.jpg

Hello from France, Under a great temperature (35°C)

A train along the mediterranean sea :

Cheers, Marc

Submissions are now closed. There are 11 entries for this round so up to 1 vote is allowed. Voting will be from now until June 25, 1200nn UTC. Please post your votes below.

Back