Jack's HO Yosemite Valley RR

A friend, Jack Burgess of Newark Ca., has finally "finished" his award winning HO scale Yosemite Valley RR.

https://youtu.be/EHGkZHLqALY

Wow, I have built many layouts in my younger years, but his layout is off the charts,

I watched about 5 mins of his video, and it is outstanding, gives a person real perspective on how he accomplished a huge dream, I hope many folks here will look at the video, I will complete tomorrow when I'm better awake, past my bed time.

Thank you so much for sharing with us............This is a Gem to behold........!

Jack wrote an excellent book on the Yosemite Valley Railroad called "Trains to Yosemite" printed by Signature Press. Its the definative text on the YVRR. I have a copy. More then worth the $$$.

He also owns and completely restored one of the YVRR's observation cars.

Ben

Jack wrote an excellent book on the Yosemite Valley Railroad called "Trains to Yosemite" printed by Signature Press. Its the definative text on the YVRR. I have a copy. More then worth the $$$.

He also owns and completely restored one of the YVRR's observation cars.

Ben

;) Thanks Ben,

I have been to Yosemite a few times several decades ago, I remember how beautiful and tranquel it was up there, so thanks for info on Book.

Having a Kindle, I plan on investigating to see if there is Kindle Version, but if not, I will definitely look for Hard Cover then. (if I find one, I'll try and remember to come back and post additional info on my findings.

In retrospect, you think about what the RR's did (inclusive of all) when they had an idea to get from one point to another, in what seemed an impossible task to conquer! That is some pure ingenuity by anyone's standards.

Update:I found a few links to different companies that have his and similar books...There are no eBooks for this one, and the hard covers are pricey but understandably so, I would be inclined to think this is considered a classic in it's time?

https://www.google.com/search?q=Trains+to+Yosemite&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8#q=Trains+to+Yosemite+book

Last edited:
Hi Blue:

I have no idea how much it cost as it was (a very surprising) gift from several Trainzers who were making YVRR routes. Twas thier way of thanking me for all the YVRR items I made for the route.
Absolutely un-necessary of course but definately a wonderful way to say thank you. My copy is autographed by the author but I don't know if all copies have that or not. I looks like a real signature
as opposed to something that is part of the printing on the page but I can't say for certain one way or the other (not with my 73 year old eyeballs, lol). its a great book - well worth the loot.

Ben

Hi Blue:

I have no idea how much it cost as it was (a very surprising) gift from several Trainzers who were making YVRR routes. Twas thier way of thanking me for all the YVRR items I made for the route.
Absolutely un-necessary of course but definately a wonderful way to say thank you. My copy is autographed by the author but I don't know if all copies have that or not. I looks like a real signature
as opposed to something that is part of the printing on the page but I can't say for certain one way or the other (not with my 73 year old eyeballs, lol). its a great book - well worth the loot.

Ben

And I think it is wonderful thing for you to have Ben, you have done a lot for our Community........

Back