40ft Boxcar Pack Install?

Steprei01

How do I get the 40ft Boxcar Pack to be useable in Trainz? It says there are missing dependencies for each of the boxcars but all the assets are included with each boxcar.

At the bottom on 40ft Boxcar 1937 AAR Mesh Library (kuid2:103021:101016:3), it says open for edit Payware (not active)

How do I activate it?

Is that the jointed rail one? if so good luck getting them to show up, have posted that problem in a couple of posts and have not heard how to fix it. Was able to get some to show up minus the doors, a few would not show up at all, using a older version of that mesh library.

Is that the jointed rail one? if so good luck getting them to show up, have posted that problem in a couple of posts and have not heard how to fix it. Was able to get some to show up minus the doors, a few would not show up at all, using a older version of that mesh library.

Yes. I even tried messaging JointedRail and the creator himself but neither have responded.

You shouldn't have it open for edit since it is a mesh library and provides the meshes for other assets such as <kuid2:103021:100020:1> 40ft Boxcar C&O

It's payware and came with one of the versions of TANE.

You shouldn't have it open for edit since it is a mesh library and provides the meshes for other assets such as <kuid2:103021:100020:1> 40ft Boxcar C&O

It's payware and came with one of the versions of TANE.

Payware, eh? Then how come it was in the freeware section? I saw videos that featured the 40ft 1937 boxcars working in Trainz 12.

It's built-in to T:ANE due to the Hinton route using some of lilb's boxcars. The freeware download on the site is the same KUID as the one included with T:ANE, albeit corrupted due to broken meshes and textures.

I have downloaded all of the 40ft boxcars from Jointed Rail, now some of them did show up as faulty initially but I fixed it by changing something in the config file, cannot remember exactly what I did but I think they are calling for an older version of the mesh library so you need to change the kuid to the one used in T:ANE - at least I think. If you haven't been able to solve it by then I'll try and see if I can reproduce it and refix it, at the very least I know it's possible to fix.

I got some to work using a older version of the mesh library. How would I go about getting the TANE version?

Back