GTX 1070 not meeting benchmarks

Again - too many variables to make informed comment here - 'Online GTA framerates' without context and settings parameters used irrelevant and totally unhelpful.
Stick to T:ANE performance and known recent builds/ sessions/ current settings used please.

Last edited:
Guys? Can we get back on track here?

So I played some online GTA and my frame rates were ridiculous. I was seeing 25 in some places.

What is wrong with my pc? I put so much money into this system, I don't know what's wrong.

You put so much money into that system, could you be more specific? Is it a name brand like Dell/HP/AlienWare/etc. that you get at Best Buy, or is it a custom build by a well known website, or the local PC/electronics store, or did you try to build it yourself? We can get a better understanding of it perhaps, with this information. Maybe you can list the exact power supply, case, CPU cooler. Also, does this computer reside in an area where this a good source of air to flow through it, not tucked under a desk against the wall? Just ideas...

There is a store called micro center near my house.

There are hundreds of these stores around the country. Micro center has a sub company called power spec (The power you need, the specs you want, the bottleneck you don't deserve!).

So I bought the g313. I also plugged in an external 1tb HDD via USB.

The pc is on top of my desk so I can freely unplug or plug in any paraphernalia I require. There is an a whole lot of ever getting to it, if you Think it's a good idea I can put a fan next one of the vents to blow some air into it.

Power Spec machines are quite nice. A friend of mine has the same one you have, which he got from the Microcenter in Cambridge, MA. They use top-line components in their systems such as AsRock motherboards, G-Skill or Corsair memory, and EVGA power supplies.

Before you go through the trouble of putting a fan on your system, or opening the case, what kind of temperatures are you getting with your system?

Your motherboard, I believe has a utility which will show the system temperatures, including processor temperatures.

EVGA has their Precision X, which you can download from EVGA if you have an EVGA video card. There are other such utilities from other manufacturers such as MSI and ASUS.

What this will do is show your system temps and with that we can see if you're operating in the upper rage. Your video card, for example, needs to be under 83C. If you reach that temperature, or close to it, your video card GPU and components will start to throttle back, meaning slow down to prevent from burning up. Your Intel CPU and other components will also do the same. This is a safety factor so you don't burn up your computer, and is something that has been done with computer components for more than a few years now.

I think my GPU hits about 75c during games.

The graphics card is an MSI

I will answer some more questions when I get home to my PC.

Thanks for your help all!

Do you have the "ESET NOD32 Antivirus" that came with your PC enabled? Might need to modify it with some exclusions for whatever games and software you use, or disable it during gaming or simulations.

The most likely cause of your lower than expected frame rates is that you have one or more in-game quality settings cranked up higher than that used for the benchmarks you are comparing against. Examples might include:
- anti-aliasing (some methods can cripple frame rates)
- tessellation
- special effects (e.g. I believe there is a hair 'swishing' effect in some games that many benchmarks omit).

With any GPU / game combo, you need to find the right quality settings that will give you the best playing experience.

Do you have the "ESET NOD32 Antivirus" that came with your PC enabled? Might need to modify it with some exclusions for whatever games and software you use, or disable it during gaming or simulations.
Yes, I use Eset.

Thanks for the information. I'll look into it when I get back to my PC .

Back