UK Southern Rwy/BR Southern Region question.

Driver_Col

Andi06 has produced a lovely Pullman EMU Set for use as Brighten Belle, Kentish Belle etc. etc., and includes the options for 1920s and 1930s liveries. There is also an option for a Crimson Lake livery which looks very impressive, but can somebody tell me when Crimson Lake was used? Many thanks. Colin.

It was certainly not used on the 5BEL trains. They went straight from umber and cream to blue and grey. I think crimson lake was only ever used on certain Midland region Pullmans pre-1948.

It was certainly not used on the 5BEL trains. They went straight from umber and cream to blue and grey. I think crimson lake was only ever used on certain Midland region Pullmans pre-1948.
Many thanks. That has been the result of my research also. Regards. Colin.

Crimson lake was also used with Pullmans on the SECR and I think Metropolitan (less sure on that one). Andi's models often allow for more variations than really existed as a result of providing sufficient flexibility to cover the existing variations in the simplest way.

Crimson lake was also used with Pullmans on the SECR and I think Metropolitan (less sure on that one). Andi's models often allow for more variations than really existed as a result of providing sufficient flexibility to cover the existing variations in the simplest way.
Many thanks. Info much appreciated. Regards. Colin.

Back