Just wondering... which operating system do you use with Trainz?

In the Windows PC group, so far, I am really amazed at so many being Windows 10.

Not surprised about Dave Snow on having Windows 7.

By the way, that is the version of Windows that has the most malware problems. I hope you are keeping it updated.

There was an article stating that Windows 7, at the time period before retirement when Windows XP was at the same time period before its retirement, is at the same level of usage (about 54% of all computers) as Windows XP in that time. But, I see only TWO people so far on here. That is just very interesting.

Only one person showed up with Apple's operating system. I know there's got to be more. Let's see if more folks add on to this.

Thanks!

Not surprised about Dave Snow on having Windows 7.

By the way, that is the version of Windows that has the most malware problems. I hope you are keeping it updated.

Yep. And I have had some problems. The last big problem I had was when I manually updated Far Cry 4. The damn update had adware all embedded in it! What kind of show is Ubisoft running there?? I had absolutely no problems with all the versions of Far Cry until 4. Then, all hell broke loose. I'm having to play the game with no CURSOR!

Well, anyway, I've never had a problem with Trainz updates, knock on wood!!

I am using Windows 7 Home Premium, and it is a legally bought genuine disc that I installed on my one PC ... I secondarily also installed it on my Vista laptop (it may be a case of 1 PC only installation only) ... anyway I keep getting the popup "This Windows 7 build 7601 This Copy of Windows is not genuine, you may be a victim of counterfeit" ... I have tried all the CMD.exe, and Regedit fix's ... still no go ... I think I will have to reinstall the legal disc fresh again, and see if this 1 installation is being enforced by Microsoft

I am using Windows 7 Home Premium, and it is a legally bought genuine disc that I installed on my one PC ... I secondarily also installed it on my Vista laptop (it may be a case of 1 PC only installation only) ... anyway I keep getting the popup "This Windows 7 build 7601 This Copy of Windows is not genuine, you may be a victim of counterfeit" ... I have tried all the CMD.exe, and Regedit fix's ... still no go ... I think I will have to reinstall the legal disc fresh again, and see if this 1 installation is being enforced by Microsoft

It is per machine.

Cheerio John

Windows 7. Installed fresh in 2012 and never reformatted. Maintained properly there is no "clagged" or clogged registry or badware problems whatsoever - the notion that Windows just goes downhill over time is a myth and the same will happen on OSX if you have sloppy computing habits. On a new PC or laptop of course I'll have W10 to go with it but for my existing systems I see no need to fix something that's not broken.

T:ANE Windows 10. Up to and including TS2010 successfully on Linux (Mint, Ubuntu, LXLE), TS2012 getting there with Linux but a way to go. Peter

Windows 10and attempting to run T-ANE from an external hard drive. Since, the upgrade to SP2 however, it's running like a slide show so I'm going to have to find out why.

Probably because the USB cable has a slow data transfer rate ... try going offline, as many other updates and web intrusions slow down your PC

0d3ad65c674ba7e8e9c2729785c5d8f0.jpg

Back