Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: **** Darjeeling Himalayan Railway creation team members. ****

For those that are interested here is the link:-

ftp://darjeelingtrainz.com/latest/dhr-updates-15-4-18

The compressed files are encrypted, so if you are interested, PM me with your email address, or email me and I will supply the password. I will ignore any other PMs. There are single CDP's or one large CDP that contains all the files so you have a choice.

It is necessary that you have an current up-to-date installation of the DHR. Remember, this is T:ane we are using so although I have been using the current public version of T:ane there could still be hidden problems. I strongly recommend that you make a complete backup of your installation.

There are no guarantees!!!!

Questions and comments? Use this thread. I will probably ignore any others.

Final note:- The package includes the later procedural 2 foot track, there are things I would like to change, and as the procedural track has problems with the continuous incline of the DHR track, it only works properly on level ground, there will be updates.

Peter
    Last edited by narrowgauge; April 15th, 2018 at 08:41 PM.
    NVidea GTX960, AMD 8320-8 core 3.5ghz, C drive-Samsung EVO 500gb, Trainz drive-Sandisk 240gb, memory 16gb. BenQ Cad/Cam monitor BL 2710

Blog Entries

At the moment, the link just gives me a blank page in Edge. Chrome gives me a box that wants a username as well as the password.
    John,
    (A bear of little brain)

At the moment, the link just gives me a blank page in Edge. Chrome gives me a box that wants a username as well as the password
    John,

Chrome is the way to go. I have sent you the username information you need. I think my mind had 'a blank page' as well.

Peter
    NVidea GTX960, AMD 8320-8 core 3.5ghz, C drive-Samsung EVO 500gb, Trainz drive-Sandisk 240gb, memory 16gb. BenQ Cad/Cam monitor BL 2710

Blog Entries

Having now installed the DHR route I find I am missing two kuids. I realise the updated dmdrake assets are still to come plus one station update but I am missing two Narrowgauge items; kuid2:44700:35704:1 and kuid2:44700:100657:1. I can find no reference to these or earlier versions in the original TS12 version or on the DLS.

Two comments:

Kuid:47439:25613 SirGibby waterfall-2d. This has TS12 textures which are incompatible with TANE. They can only be changed to tga/texture.txt form, using PEV's program, if one has access to pre 3.7 content manager.

The other comment is not a grumble at the creators but at N3V. Because they limited the minimum radius at which procedural track animation works (about 30m) this means that many of the NG points because of their tighter radius, give a red circle and no animation. Tony did suggest when I originally raised this point to start the curved track with a large radius then curve it in. Much easier said than done.
    John,
    (A bear of little brain)

Hello

Quote Originally Posted by teddytoot View Post
    Having now installed the DHR route I find I am missing two kuids. I realise the updated dmdrake assets are still to come plus one station update but I am missing two Narrowgauge items; kuid2:44700:35704:1 and kuid2:44700:100657:1. I can find no reference to these or earlier versions in the original TS12 version or on the DLS.
    Same for me about the dmdrake updates and Peter items.

Waiting for news from Peter.

Regards

Manuel

Last edited by sumitsingh; April 20th, 2018 at 07:37 AM.

John

Thank you for your comments

There is another real problem with the procedural track. It requires that all the converging tracks to be on the same plane and that plane must be absolutely horizontal, this was the major problem in adapting the track to the route. Bill, who did the relaying found that this need for absolute level track was a greater problem than the radius limitation. I think that the code reads and compares the track height. Even if the diverging angle is satisfactory the height difference problem remains. Tony's cure does not fix that problem. I think that the radius should be code-related to the gauge, not fixed at big rail standard.

I assumed that the proc track which was given the same KUIDs as the original would just slot in, I was wrong. It did 'just slot in' but needed a lot of work to make it fit and even then as the entire route is built on an incline the junctions still required a lot of fiddling because of the rail height factor, and there are many places where fiddling with the ground height is just not possible. My honest opinion is that moving to proc track was a waste of time.

I will look at my two missing items, they are both new items. Mikes waterfalls, I think I can fix as I'm using 3.6 CM.

Is the station you mention 'Rangtong' Was it listed as 'not found' when you installed the route? There is something strange here, I have that installed, visible without error in CM, visible and placeable in Surveyor, but CM can't see it.

Peter

United States of America, Ohio, Beavercreek

If I am able to recover from a really, really strange TANE/HDD problem, I will do my best to get Dave's updated content out there to the DLS.I have an untainted backup, so it is only a matter of time.

Bill

John and Manuel

44700:35704 is a mesh library which is obsolete, I thought I had removed it from the route.

44700:100657 is another very old obsolete library and I don't understand how it was included in the CDP.

Finally, the waterfall from Mike Sutton. Because of the texture problem, he gave me permission to change the files and upload to the DLS as kuid:44700:25613. By the time you read this, it should have been accepted. Use find and replace in surveyor, or dig into the route config and change the reference.

In any case I will sort all this out here and hopefully just upload what is necessary.

What about Rangtong? Is that the one you refer to as "one station update"

Peter

Guys

I have decided that 44700:35704 should have been uploaded.

However my problem now is getting the file into your hands. My main machine has gone totally dead, don't yet know why, and my construction machine which is normally kept off-line refuses to write to a USB drive for me to get the file into this third computer which is obviously on-line.

Please be patient, I hope to find some way to fix this dilemma.

Peter

Blog Entries

Yes Rangtong is the station. The TS12 version is :1 whereas the needed one is version :4. Best of luck in overcoming your problems.
    John,
    (A bear of little brain)

I managed to coerce the stubborn machine into disgorging the CDP and you can find it here ftp://darjeelingtrainz.com/makeup-road-library-file.cdp. It is late and I am tired and I hope this works.

About Rangtong, why does the build of 1 prevent it loading? The Mahanadi Station is by the same creator and has the same build number and that loads without any fuss. There has to be another reason. Don't forget, the Rangtong asset works in Surveyor and shows no error in CM.

It just doesn't get loaded when the main route is committed. There must be something that CM sees as strange during the committal process. It would help very much if you could do some detective work, if it needs to be changed, I have permission to upload the changed file.

Peter

Blog Entries

The config table expects :4 so won't load :1. Changing it to :1 works OK. Another point. I did a downhill run today and found a gap in the track just before junction Z#4 just above Tindharia works. I also found unfortunately that a lot of the vehicles on the road were floating several feet in the air (the Indian rope trick modernised?)
    John,
    (A bear of little brain)

Gentlemen.

My main computer collapsed yesterday which is going to distract me considerably. If I don't respond to a message promptly, you will understand the reason.

John. Thank you for your detective work, but it introduces a puzzle. You found that the list in the config showed <kuid:126323:28005:4, when I packed the config file that entry would have shown :1 as do all the others by the same creator. Can that table get altered internally?

Blame it on T:ane!!!!

I'll look for the missing road section. I will ask that to identify any place on the route, I am given the North-South co-ordinates. The east/west figures aren't needed. It is so much easier and more accurate to find a spot. The floating cars are strange, I'll look into it. Can you give me a typical location?

Peter

More!

I cleaned any remnants of the DHR off my laptop. I then downloaded the current DLS version, installed it and downloaded the dependencies which included the #126323 buildings which included Rangtong station. No errors in any of them.

This should have given me an entire pre-T:ane installation.

I then installed the CDP's I posted recently. These do not include the Rangtong etc. bits but do include the latest version of the DHR route with the procedural track. I must point out that at no time did Content Manager report an error.

Result:-

All the Rangtong bits are missing with the red boxes visible.

I found the position where John reported the missing road. Nothing missing for me. I accept that his comment was valid.

I also accept that John found cars and buses in the air. None of these were evident when I was finalising the road. (John please give me co-ords)

Environmental textures missing all over the place.

My reluctant conclusion, drawn from the above and my experience over the last months, is that T:ane can't handle the DHR.

I'm also fed up with the whole project. Factor that into my conclusion.

Peter