Multiple Inventory New with longer or multiple tracks?

DaveBaum

I'm probably being dense here, but I can't figure out how to make the M.I.N. longer than its initial size. Is this possible, or does that require a different asset?

Also, there's a "tracks" tab in the M.I.N. parameters which leads me to believe a single M.I.N. could service multiple tracks (i.e. two parallel tracks that can both load/unload from the same queues). Is this possible?

Thanks,
Dave

I think you mean Multiple Industry New, right? The track size is set in the asset. There is a smaller one called Multiple_Indusrty_new (short track). The track tap is for telling the industry what to do with each product assigned to that track, load, unload or both.

I'm probably being dense here, but I can't figure out how to make the M.I.N. longer than its initial size. Is this possible, or does that require a different asset?

Also, there's a "tracks" tab in the M.I.N. parameters which leads me to believe a single M.I.N. could service multiple tracks (i.e. two parallel tracks that can both load/unload from the same queues). Is this possible?

Thanks,
Dave

It is possible to do what you ask, but not through the game interface. You would need to basically create your own new asset, or clone the asset and modify it if the assets copyright allows you to do so. Asset creators are very protective, so if you are going to redesign someone else's asset, be careful. Search the forum for content creation, there is a lot to absorb.

There are a few other track objects on the Download Station that might fit the bill.

There are a bunch of load/unload track objects called ProtoLARS. These objects have been reworked by different folks, but most of them work just fine. They come pre-programmed and have various lengths.

Some behave like the coal mine, allows you to unload at 4mph. Others are longer sections, allowing you to leave the cars to unload over a period of time, maybe up to 20 minutes if thats what you want.

They're usually blocked in product categories, such as refinery products, chemical products, wood products, etc.

With the Lars tracks you also have the ability to link them. So that unloading a number of products on one track will create new products on another.
Instructions can be given by using HTML files. To see how they work, check out some existing routes that use them. The HTMLs can also be activated by placing triggers in the appropriat spot.
Cheers,
Mike

Thank you for the tips. I think I understand M.I.N a bit better now and there are 3 similar built-in tracks of length 10m, 20m, and 60m. I'm not sure I want to dive into modifying assets quite yet, but I'll check out the ProtoLARS objects.

Those shorter (10, 20 and 60 m) tracks also allow you to move up or down, (Note they have a green arrow) but the built in M.I.N. New (large red arrow) does not. However not everything is rosy in paradise. Used to be that the green arrow tracks would work exactly as the larger (red arrows). But here came the last SP-1, and now I can't put more than 4 commodities or they freeze. Happens only to me? or anybody else has the same problem?

Because I have a large inventory of products, the small MINs time out and come up blank all the time and are unuseable.
The ordinary ones work ok every time. The small ones were handy because they worked like a rolling load/unload.
Cheers,
Mike

Back