Screenshot of The Week: May 21 to May 28 2017 (No Theme)

nicky9499

SSoTW Bot
Greetings.

There is no theme for this week. Please send your theme suggestions for subsequent competitions via email or Skype by clicking on the little icons below my username.

One screenshot allowed per entrant. Screenshots must adhere to the theme and the Trainz Forum Code of Conduct.

Submission closes on May 28 at 12:00 noon UTC/GMT/Zulu time.

Cheerio,
Nicholas

Back in April 2015, I was approached by Ross Rowland to come up with a promotion using Trainz for his current project: The Yellow Ribbon Express. Essentially a clone of the American Freedom Train of 1975-76, except this train would focus on paying tribute to the now 250 years of United States military service. Each car of the train, which would be ridden through on a moving sidewalk, would showcase a different war and those who fought.

Using an image from the Yellow Ribbon Express website, I took my recently released C&O 614 Greenbrier and gave her, her tender and aux tender a fresh coat of Navy Blue paint. Ross loved what I had put together but had two critiques and I quote:

1. "Thats not me in the cab!!!!"
2. "The smoke isn't black enough!!!!"

Sadly, like a few other things Ross has embarked on, the Yellow Ribbon Express is not gaining much momentum currently. The proposed launch date has come and gone, but who knows, with the right investors, the YRE may one day see light!

0e89299ef0958963ccf9b4e692656a23.jpg

Golly, with that flag on the side, I thought it was the American Freedom Train for a moment. (And that was without reading the text!)

Oh, it was the the T&P 610, my error. :eek:

I spend a lot of my valuable time searching for all the right locomotives to haul my freight and passengers, especially when I want to enter a screen grab for this contest. So I came up with this idea to make selection simpler. I did a lot of preliminary searching and came up with a good number of locos that I like. I built a large rail yard to store them and now whenever I need a loco, I go to the rail yard and look over my selection, click on it to get the info and then plunk it down where it's needed. Here's the engine yard. I also have one for rolling stock that works the same way.
737fb87446630e102616fe0dce664d89.jpg

I had a similar idea ... I made several hump yard classification yard routes, where I could shove specific railcars over the hump, coasting onto an outgoing departure track:

One I called "ALCO Land", where I stored all my heavily smoking ALCO diesels

Another route I called "PRR Steam Land", where I stored all my PRR steamers

And on each route I placed an iPortal, where I could direct specific locos to drive via iPortal to a route I called "Staging Land"

From that "Staging Land" route I could send selected consists via iPortal, to my main driving route Harrisburg/Enola to Conway

I thought that having 3383 RGCX railcars, and 4688 Majekear railcars ... etc ... on one route might slow it down, if I had thousands of railcars and locos on that route

Last edited:
Submissions are now closed. There are 16 entries for this round so up to 3 votes are allowed. Voting will be from now until June 4, 1200nn UTC. Please post your votes below.

Cheerio,
Nicholas

Back