Sessions in JR Routes

bnsfc

Steam Nut
I'm having troubles making new sessions in JR routes, I have both legacy of the BN and Coal County and I cant save a new session in either without having to save a hole new route. as a person who usually starts up trainz with the intention of making a new short session, my routes list is quickly getting clogged. I'm only adding rolling stock and loco's, and I have tried fiddling with the layers without much success. What am I doing wrong. :confused:

I'm having troubles making new sessions in JR routes, I have both legacy of the BN and Coal County and I cant save a new session in either without having to save a hole new route. as a person who usually starts up trainz with the intention of making a new short session, my routes list is quickly getting clogged. I'm only adding rolling stock and loco's, and I have tried fiddling with the layers without much success. What am I doing wrong. :confused:

You are doing this in your session which are creating a new route such as placing a building, adding portals, and adjusting track perhaps, or anything else that would normally done on the route its self?

To avoid creating a new route, and only create a session, keep sessions for such things as placing consists and setting up driver rules.

I click create new session, I ONLY place loco's and rolling stock, I don't change any industry's, and I still have to save a new route every time. this is what I've been doing in every other route and its fine, but in these 2, apparently its not.

It happens to me with all the 3rd party routes I download too, I agree, quite annoying. I think you'll just have to make a copy of the route and use that to make your own sessions. So you end up with an original and your editable version

The issue might have to do with how the route was built in the first place if there are multiple layers, the layers maybe linked. There's a term for that which I can't remember due to posting this away from my Trainz computer where I can take a look. If the layers are linked, then let's say something that is on the session layer, maybe linked back to the route layer so if, for example, you place a train car or consist this will force a route update as well.

What I have done, not for this reason since I didn't come across it, is to clone the route and clone the session(s). This produces new KUIDs of course. I then edit the config.txt file of the newly created session(s) and replace the route KUID with the one for my route. I have to remember, however, to also update that information in the KUID table as well.

Once that's done, I have my own copies of everything to mess around with and still have the original tucked away. If I plan on merging this route into one of my own, which I did with Midwest Grain 4.0 for example, and American Intermodal, I now have my own routes to mess around with to make the changes necessary for the merger.

Does anyone know why a multiplayer session of JR's Tehachapie (sp) route wasn't included in Tane like there was in 12? :(

Back