What happened to Lilb's AC-12

deltic1955

yee boi
just out of curiosity but what ever happened to the freeware AC-12 4294 made by lilb cause i need it due to me losing it in a hard drive crash back in January could someone send me a pm telling me what happened to it:)
Sean

I believe the modified version by Phil is available for download on the DLS. At least I believe that is where I got mine. Seeing as you don't have a registered version of Trainz for the PC, you won't be able to get it untill you register your serial number with your Trainz account.

I believe the modified version by Phil is available for download on the DLS. At least I believe that is where I got mine. Seeing as you don't have a registered version of Trainz for the PC, you won't be able to get it untill you register your serial number with your Trainz account.

If memory serves, Philskene released a session for one of his routes that used the ac-12. I do believe that the link to the locomotive is located within the description of the session. Just note, the download link includes some Bdaneal content that has been upgraded to TS12.

You can still register your serial number by clicking "MyTrainz" on the light blue bar at the top of the page, however it still won't make a difference as TS2009 was dropped from support in 2012. You'll have to buy Trainz 12 or newer in order to access the Download Station and take advantage of other Trainz features.

Hi, I went to the link and then watched the video and when the cab-forward goes into the tunnel one can see that the cab view is of a cab-rearward instead of cab-forward.

Here's my question; Is it possible to, as we used to in MSTS to alaise another cab view that would be more realistic, like maybe a PCC trolley or any diesel cab that is more like a cab-forward in that one is looking out a split window windshield instead of looking down along a boiler to the front?

Or, are the cab controls inseparable from the cab view and not able to control a steamer?

I realize that a lot of you will think I'm WACKO for thinking that a diesel cab would be more realistic but then:

I am Wild Willy the Wacko

Just for the record -- the Dropbox links, my Post #11 above.

I contacted the original authors and was given their approval to modify and share their content.

In TS12, full screen / 1080p:

Phil

Last edited:
I have temporarily retracted my attempt on re-uploading the AC-12 until I find out a way to be able to do it legally. If someone can help me with that, please let me know. If you look back at this video please read the pinned comment.

What happened to the SP Cab Forward? It's alive and well, running on "The Shortz & Kerl traction Railroad" (watch full screen / 1080p):

Brian gave me permission to make some minor modifications and share it from my RapidShare account.

The modifications made include:

• A cab attachment point plus a cab.
  • Animated locomotive crew.
  • Additional smoke and steam effects.
  • A slight lightening of the paintwork to show the details in the mesh.

When RapidShare went bust I transferred the file to my Dropbox folder. It can be downloaded here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gw89qbmq2gyjfww/US Loco SP CabForward AC-12 #4294.cdp?dl=0

I also made a brass "model" version. Download here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5kwdwzw3mety1ov/Loco SP Cab Forward AC-12 Brass.cdp?dl=0

Phil

Last edited:
Back