Request for recording suggestions....

You have the option to show or not show. In the "how to" tutorials, like the interactive industry videos, the mouse is visible. In the layout videos it's switched off.

Those youtube files were about 800 MB in size. The original FRAPS output was about 8 - 10 GB. On my i7 VirtualDub takes about 15 minutes to compress them. Uploading the result to youtube takes an eternity though.

Thats odd seeing the mouse pointer as it doesn't show up in my videos. There must be a setting to turn it off. Are you running T:ANE in game mode?
WGR also has streaming capabilities and does the job for me.
Graeme

Thats odd seeing the mouse pointer as it doesn't show up in my videos. There must be a setting to turn it off. Are you running T:ANE in game mode?
WGR also has streaming capabilities and does the job for me.
Graeme

I was running TMR17 in game mode and could not find anything in settings regarding the pointer issue.....

You have the option to show or not show. In the "how to" tutorials, like the interactive industry videos, the mouse is visible. In the layout videos it's switched off.

Those youtube files were about 800 MB in size. The original FRAPS output was about 8 - 10 GB. On my i7 VirtualDub takes about 15 minutes to compress them. Uploading the result to youtube takes an eternity though.

Phil,

On the MS recorder, 30 minutes of game footage is close to 4gb uncompressed. And your right, it takes forever to upload videos to youtube...........

May I make a suggestion?

Use Open Broadcaster STUDIO. Although you have to end the recording to switch scenes and then start recording again...

...as this is how I made that video. In the description, it lists all the stuff I used as to make this video. Although I feel I went a little overboard with the text, it is a decent videos.

Just hit 111 views

But the problem is, is that you have to pay for the full version of Wondershare Filmora, it does have 2 modes. 1, Easy Mode and 2, Full Feature Mode. I used to have a video file of one that I made of some train running on a old route. I used full feature but the word FILMORA was plastered across the center for the whole video. If you prefer a more free editor, use Windows Movie Maker and OBS Studio. Those 2 combined are the best way to record and edit for beginners. Movie Maker is very simple to use and even someone who didn't know what a editor is, then they could use it (emphasizing). Hope this is helpful to you and best of luck in your journey into the world of Record & Edit.

-Brandon

if you have a Nvidia Geforce graphics card you could also use GeForce experience to record with it has one built in just install it and press alt+Z in game and it opens the menu where there is a record button + it keeps your graphics drivers up to date

Thanks for all the responses, I am going to look over several suggestions and see what is the best fit.

Thanks again,

RH001

Both Freemaker and Format Factory have decent free media converters for reducing the file sizes for uploading to the likes of YouTube, Trainz Screenshots etc. Peter

Back