Issues with JMR signal in surveyor

Greenroad

Hello all!

I'm currently in the middle of building a mid-western route and while looking for signals in the DLS I found one that nearly matched the real life signal I was tryin to replicate. "JMR ST NS 3-0-0" is part of the name of the signal. However I'm having a problem with them in surveyor. I'm using the "?" option to ad a grade plate and milepost plate to the signal which works just fine. Once I save my route, exit, then reload the grade plate is gone and the milepost plate is changed to a completely random number. It becomes a different number each time I reload. Also, In an attempt to remove the mile plate and just keep the signal bare the mile plate will return with a random number again once Ive saved and reloaded again. It's so annoying!

http://s69.photobucket.com/user/bnsfjoe/media/Stuff/20170517090425_1.jpg.html?sort=3&o=1
http://s69.photobucket.com/user/bnsfjoe/media/Stuff/20170517101745_1.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

Is there a bug with this certain signal or am I doing something wrong?!

Thank You!

This maybe something you are doing wrong, and may have something to do with layers. If you make the changes on the route layer, then open up the session layer another time and attempt to edit the same assets, you'll find that the settings may have not stuck.

My recommendation is to do the editing of your route by opening up Edit route instead of double-clicking and editing the session you may have saved.

This maybe something you are doing wrong, and may have something to do with layers. If you make the changes on the route layer, then open up the session layer another time and attempt to edit the same assets, you'll find that the settings may have not stuck.

My recommendation is to do the editing of your route by opening up Edit route instead of double-clicking and editing the session you may have saved.

Ive only used the edit route option while working on the route since the beginning, never used edit session. Once you mentioned layers I decided to mess around with the default session that always saves along with the route though. It seems like the settings for the signals will stick in edit session but if I try to merge layers It wont transfer over. It seems like that might be a big problem down the road.

There are some problems with merging layers from the default session into the route layer from what I recall. I haven't used TS12 at any length, since I've moved on to T:ANE. Today it still sits on my hard drive for no other purpose except to transfer content, or to test assets and verify assets which have been repaired.

With that said, there are those here who still use TS12 at length, and hopefully they can assist you.

I have noticed that the YARNish intersections, you can set them up with ? and set with stop lights, then exit surveyor, when you go back into surveyor, and all the options show up, stop signs, stop lights, street lights, and it seems like it forgot the settings, I asked about it and was told to try opening the route in driver. When I did it showed up the way I had set it up.

If you open your route in driver is it still messed up? I don't have the asset you mention to test it out myself. The YARNish assets drive me crazy because when I reload I'm not sure how I had set them up originally while editing.

I have noticed that the YARNish intersections, you can set them up with ? and set with stop lights, then exit surveyor, when you go back into surveyor, and all the options show up, stop signs, stop lights, street lights, and it seems like it forgot the settings, I asked about it and was told to try opening the route in driver. When I did it showed up the way I had set it up.

If you open your route in driver is it still messed up? I don't have the asset you mention to test it out myself. The YARNish assets drive me crazy because when I reload I'm not sure how I had set them up originally while editing.

If I open in driver it does show the settings as I prefer so long as I load from the session. If I were to load driver through edit route the signals would be back to default settings..unless I changed them to my preference again right before I opened driver.

If I open in driver it does show the settings as I prefer so long as I load from the session. If I were to load driver through edit route the signals would be back to default settings..unless I changed them to my preference again right before I opened driver.

This might make sense because the old Quick Drive is probably not loading your sessions settings. If you want to actually use your settings, you need to load the actual driving session.

This might make sense because the old Quick Drive is probably not loading your sessions settings. If you want to actually use your settings, you need to load the actual driving session.
So goin forward I'm goin to need to save the settings for these particular signals in a session only and not worry about them displaying the correct mile-plate in route editor? I'm completely fine with that as these signals happen to only be in a 20 mile stretch of track anyway.

So goin forward I'm goin to need to save the settings for these particular signals in a session only and not worry about them displaying the correct mile-plate in route editor? I'm completely fine with that as these signals happen to only be in a 20 mile stretch of track anyway.

From what I have experienced, once you set them in Surveyor, they should retain that setting for every time you open Driver. So you only need to set them once. They will look messed up when you re-open Surveyor...

To JCitron; would that be considered a bug? You would think Surveyor could apply the saved settings correctly when you reopen it? This is happening in TANE for me, so it happens in TS12 and TANE to certain degrees.

Those are my signals. I have always gone to "edit session" and then switched over to route layer once in surveyor. I haven't really messed around with layers too much as I recall experiencing problems in 2010 . the signal script stores on the session layer automatically. Just place and edit signals on and in the main route layer.

I just downloaded the JMR signals for T:ANE. Everything was installed perfectly, but when I try adjusting the signal settings in the Properties menu, I cannot adjust a lot of things such as "plate", "light effects", "switch direction", and "route speed". I took a look at the asset files, and I see a bunch of warnings such as VE85 and VE111. I don't know if these two things are related, but any help would be much appreciated, as I love these signals for their wide customization capabilities and want to use them on my routes.

I just downloaded the JMR signals for T:ANE. Everything was installed perfectly, but when I try adjusting the signal settings in the Properties menu, I cannot adjust a lot of things such as "plate", "light effects", "switch direction", and "route speed". I took a look at the asset files, and I see a bunch of warnings such as VE85 and VE111. I don't know if these two things are related, but any help would be much appreciated, as I love these signals for their wide customization capabilities and want to use them on my routes.

Warnings can be ignored; errors cannot. I use his signals without issue in both T:ANE and TRS19.

If you are making adjustments, you need to do that in the Session, and not on the route, otherwise, they don't stick.

Thanks, but my problem is that I don't have any options, period. It's not a matter of saving the current set-up; it's that I don't have the setup in the first place. When I downloaded the signals on TS12, I had options such as "left/right" for Switch Direction, and "medium/limited/..." for Route Speed. However, in T:ANE, those options aren't even displayed (I would post a photo, but the Forums only allow online images to be posted).

Thanks, but my problem is that I don't have any options, period. It's not a matter of saving the current set-up; it's that I don't have the setup in the first place. When I downloaded the signals on TS12, I had options such as "left/right" for Switch Direction, and "medium/limited/..." for Route Speed. However, in T:ANE, those options aren't even displayed (I would post a photo, but the Forums only allow online images to be posted).

That's odd...

They work fine in my setup I just checked.

Try a database repair?

Tried that, but that didn't fix it, unfortunately. I am wondering if the Signal Mesh Library is to blame; some of the signals I downloaded are showing as faulty, with the source being the mesh library.

Last edited:
Tried that, but that didn't fix it, unfortunately. I am wondering if the Signal Mesh Library is to blame; some of the signals I downloaded are showing as faulty, with the source being the mesh library.

That may very well be your problem.

Delete the mesh and download it again and see if that fixes the problem.

Here are some links for errors you mention.......

https://forums.auran.com/trainz/archive/index.php/t-123005.html

http://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php/Category:Validation_Errors

The last one has a good discussion with regards to Poly count in different levels of LOD and type of Files used in the meshes.....

Tried that, but it didn't work, unfortunately.

What you might want to do is look for updates. I think there have been updates for the signals.

In Content Manager change the filter to out-of-date and see if there's anything that can be updated. If there is a lot of out-of-date content, update it as this may very well include your signals as well.

If not, delete them and download them again because something isn't right here.

Back