iPortal Group

Steaming101

Local Transition Era nut
So, I've been thinking about iPortals. For one thing, I've just sent my first intra-computer train. Due to sending my first intra-computer train, I got to thinking about sending a train from one user to another. Seeing that there wasn't anyone online talking about wanting a train, I think making a group that could send trains between each other would be pretty cool. Any thoughts?

There would have to be some communication device, ie: Forum PM, Skype, TeamSpeak ... etc ... so you could tell the other person what you are doing, and what you are sending ... and the 2 people would have to have the same assets of the consist downloaded and installed

I don't know much about multiplayer, but imagine 2 people sitting side by side in a coffee shop, or in the same house room, sending trains to each others laptop via the internet

I was going to break my route up into 6 or 7 separate iPortal segments, and drive from:

Harrisburg/Enola to Huntingdon
Huntingdon to Johnstown
Johnstown to Pitcairn
Pitcairn to Conway
Mount Union to EBT/Robertsfale
Cresson to Philipsburg

But as iPortals are configured in a session, and once a session is deleted, the iPortal names revert back to the default names, I would have @ 16 complexly named iPortal configurations

Hi,
I have already created a group for iportalling over skype. We do sessions quite often, and it sometimes includes more than 20 trains. The most that we've sent between each other is 120 trains, but a few of the guys' routes can't handle those kinds of numbers right now, so it's down to like 15-20 trains per run. We like to send lots of trains back and forth, so I don't know if thats your style or not, but if your interested, PM with your skype name and I will add you :)

Back