Several interiors, how do I use it?

eld78

Metalhead, trainz fan.
I saw thousands of videos of trains having those several interiors like in front of the engine, and then having the walking around mode inside the cab, then at the cylinders. Does anyone know how to do that? If you know it, I'll credit you for helping me with your permission. And still I haven't figured it out how to use the other interiors, and the Trainz version I use is 2010, as Trainz build 49933 for other things, could anyone help me with this little problem of mine, I never found any solutions and how to do it. I also may require some help to use the other interiors on K&L Trainz's steam locomotives, I may need some instructions, so please tell me whenever you can/have time.

If you are talking about a freely moving camera, add in the following line to your trainzoptions.txt file:

-freeintcam

This will allow you move the camera around and even out of the cab if you want by using the arrow keys. Keep in mind if there are no camera views created, you will have missing meshes because the camera is moving outside of the projected cab view - a locomotive cab is only a shell with textures on it.

Now if you are interested in specific views such as a second cab, a passenger wagon view, if any, or perhaps exterior out the window views, which aren't clipped out, you need attached cameras and I believe this needs to be done by the original asset creator.

If the Cab has interior views ? try using the Square Brackets [ ] too change/rotate views.

NormP.

I saw thousands of videos of trains having those several interiors like in front of the engine, and then having the walking around mode inside the cab, then at the cylinders. Does anyone know how to do that?

Add a cameralist container to the interior. See:
http://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php/"cameralist"_Container

The camera positions do not need to be inside the cab, although the visual effect for positions from outside the cab depends heavily on the way the asset is constructed.

Back