SSD Adapter to HD Useage connection

ish6

Since 2001
Hi Guyz --

Just curious --

If you have a SSD drive, is there a SSD Adapter that can be use into a HD drive port!?

If so, what's the pro's and con's!

Thanks in advance
Ish

Hi Ish,

Not quite sure what you mean by an adaptor. Is it to do with the size of the SSD drive or the connection to the computer?

I bought a SSD drive not too long ago and it came with a metal frame to which it has to be attached before mounting it in the computer.

Other than that there was no extra adapters required, the normal sata connections plugged in to the drive just like a normal HD.

Cheers,
Bill69

Hi Ish,

Not quite sure what you mean by an adaptor. Is it to do with the size of the SSD drive or the connection to the computer?

I bought a SSD drive not too long ago and it came with a metal frame to which it has to be attached before mounting it in the computer.

Other than that there was no extra adapters required, the normal sata connections plugged in to the drive just like a normal HD.

Cheers,
Bill69

Hi Bill,

So, a SSD drive can be plug into a 3.5 HD port on the motherboard?

Just to make this clear! LOL

Thanks
Ish

To the best of my knowledge both drives will use SATA connectors? Unless you have an extremely old hard drive/motherboard combo.

To the best of my knowledge both drives will use SATA connectors? Unless you have an extremely old hard drive/motherboard combo.

A port is what you plug the SATA cables into, there is no difference in the plugs and sockets for a SATA SSD to that of a Spinner HDD
What you probably mean is a 2.5 to 3.5 adapter so it fits in a 3.5 Drive bay.

Something like this http://www.ebuyer.com/452329-dynamo...39&pkw=&pmt=&gclid=CNap3ea69NMCFdaJaAod6n4LIw

Thank you, Gentlemen!!! :p
Ish

Back