Thanks for "Model Train Style Layout (1-1)", by driver2026

I just wanted to thank driver2026 for this simple layout that FINALLY let me just jump in, create a consist, and run it around the track without having to get a degree in Railroad Simulation! I only thought a couple of weeks ago to even look for a 'model' train sim. I first found Rule the Rail, which scratched the itch a bit, I loved how I could snag a bunch of layouts and just watch the trains go round and round on various tracks, zooming in & out to look at all the cool stuff in each layout. But Grandpa was an Engineer on the B&O for 36 years, and I really wanted a B&O consist. Steam, thank you, the way it was meant to be. So I looked again and found TMR17, and bought it. The level of detail is stunning and beautiful, way beyond Rule the Rail. But everything I try, I get stopped for red lights I can't change, stuck at draw bridges I can't control, etc., etc. This nice and simple route finally let me just enjoy TMR17 for the first time.

Now I can learn more, maybe populate this layout, learn how to do all the other stuff. But for just a danged minute, I wanted to have fun and just watch the train go. And today I got to! So thank you, driver2026!!

I'm talking about this route, specifically:
https://www.auran.com/DLS/DLS_downloadasset.php?DownloadID=359799

Last edited:
I too would love to get this layout. I am somewhat disappointed with TMR2017 in so far as I find it way too complicated for an old pensioner as myself who only wants to enjoy watching trains as when I had my own model railway (5 x 10 foot HO scale layout). Does anyone know where I can get some small layouts?

Hi,

I downloaded the layout, but I found two missing assets. I downloaded the layout in TANE, but I also checked TMR17, and TS12, and couldn't find them there, either. The operation of the layout seems to be OK, but I would like to get the missing assets, if possible. The missing assets are:

<kuid:30501:101088>
<kuid:30501:101090>

Last edited:
Back