Junction settings saved in route or session?

jeffmorris

Are the junction settings saved in route or session? I ran into weird problem with my NYCTA subway system in TANE SP2 RC1 and the final SP2 beta where some junctions were changed, sending subway trains on wrong tracks and making the passengers mad like hell.

To my understanding, if you edit the Route, they are universal for everything, but if you edit them in a Session, and save the Session only then that particular session is unique, should only have that changed setting, for a particular session.

That said if you go back to Route Default session, it should show original settings you had.

Link below for additional information.

https://www.google.com/search?q=savong+sessions+vs+Route+in+Trainz?&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

Check the Google Results on Route Saving vs Session saviong results, it might be better written than what I could express here.

The short answer is that junction switch settings are saved in the Session. This makes it possible to have the junctions switched differently in different sessions.

Junction settings, industry settings, consist initial loads, time of day, drivers, driver commands, session rules, weather conditions and who-knows-what-else are saved in Sessions.

I deleted the session and created a new one. Now, the train runs on correct route and the passengers got to their destinations on time.

Back