Need a dependency for a B&O bay window caboose, please??

Does anyone know where I could possibly find a particular dependency for a B&O caboose? I want one of the older Bay Window cabooses to go with my B&O train. Grandpa was an Engineer on the B&O for 36 years (1926 thru 1962), so that is my primary focus, naturally. I found a caboose named 'Bay Window B&O I-17 C-2883 v2', and it is exactly what I'm looking for. But it won't load due to missing dependencies.

When I try to download the asset via the Content Manager built into the simulation, I get the message that the file is not available on the server, nor can I find it anywhere online. In a week of using this sim, I already have a collection of cdp files, so I'm hoping someone else has it in their own collection. It's shown as:
kuid_-10_200.cdp or kuid:-10:200

And........never mind! I got it, somehow!

I searched on Bay Window in the Download Station within the sim, and just kept installing any Bay Window caboose that didn't look like a small file, and one of them included what I needed. I loaded a half dozen at least, so I don't know which one did the trick, but I was able to pick the B&O caboose I wanted on the Test Track, and it's no longer in the Faulty list, so I'm good. Woohoo! But may I say, this dependency thing sucks, big time.

the rest of the story

And as Paul Harvey would say, and Now For The Rest Of The Story. I finalize this in case anyone else finds their way to this via Google, even though it may never happen. Even though the one Asset I couldn't download or install is what I said at the beginning, after it started Working, I still had three assets making up my caboose, and the problem asset mysteriously changed to (now-working) KUID:-25:255, which is a blank bay window caboose by Auran, DLS Upload Date of 21-JAN-2015. That was obviously the truly missing piece.

The bay window has two windows on the outmost edge which isn't correct for the B&O cabooses, but it's the closest thing I can find and looks fine.

...and the problem asset mysteriously changed to (now-working) KUID:-25:255, which is a blank bay window caboose by Auran, DLS Upload Date of 21-JAN-2015.
That is because KUID:-25:255 obsoletes the dependency specified in the asset. If you had selected to view asset versions when you examined the original missing asset you would have seen that version as available for download. Perhaps your internet connection was playing up.

thanks, but...

That is because KUID:-25:255 obsoletes the dependency specified in the asset. If you had selected to view asset versions when you examined the original missing asset you would have seen that version as available for download. Perhaps your internet connection was playing up.

Thanks, I'm not familiar with the intricacies of managing the many dependencies of Trainz related matters. However, I tried "List Asset Versions" on a few other Faulty things in my content, and so far no other version shows up with the missing or alternate pieces I need. I'll remember it for future attempts.

Back