Multiple Industry New (MIN) Question

stouthm

Get over it
Can you load and unload the same commodity at the same industry in the same queue? For example: load and unload General Goods at a warehouse.

Yes. But why would you do that? Consider: You have a flat wagon (where you can see the goods). It is loaded with the boxes. Manually bring it to the M.I.N. track. If the industry is configured to "load and unload", the boxes will disappear, and immediately, appear again, so you are back to having the car loaded as before. Now, order the consist to go to the industry using the AI commands ordering it to "unload". The car arrives and the boxes disappear. If you manually move the car over the M.I.N. track, the boxes will show again loaded. If you configure the industry to "unload", arriving to it via manual, or AI, will unload and the goods will not load back. Same if config is to "load". An empty car will arrive by manual or AI and will load only. All is logically made. Caution, when you configure the industry, make sure there is a queue assigned to each commodity. If one shows "none", the consist will sit there and somehow you lose the driver. Then you will have to delete the loco and "create" an new one. Things may get more complicated because there are several queues. This means that the industry will load (if the car is configured to accept it) the first commodity in that queue, and if not, the second and so on. Experimentation is the best way to sort all this out.

While on this subject I have to ask if anyone has this problem: Using a SAP multi industry, or a multi ind str (2:1023:63033:3), you set them and they accept only 4 commodities. Exceed that and the menu under "tracks" is empty and the industry is frozen, needing a reinstall. Use a M.I.N. New, and it works with as many commodities you can cram into it. Thing is that with these MIN's, you can adjust the height and they come in shorter or longer sizes. The problem started after the last SP-1. Prior to that they did perform very well. I recall someone saying that in our new SP-2, "industries would come back to work perfectly". Anyone knows of the problem, and if it is corrected?

Yes, I have the same problem. I'm waiting for the update and hopefully this will be fixed. I remember reading somewhere that this has been addressed. Fingers crossed.

Oddly enough, I was trying to do the same thing. Load and unload the same product.

In my case it was not really a product, but stakes for a flat car. As the car arrived
at the industry, the existing stakes were to be removed (unloaded) and after the car
was loaded with a commodity, the stake were to be replaced (loaded).

I had only been working on the project one day when this post showed up,
and no, I never succeeded in doing what I wanted to accomplish.

As of now, project abandoned :(.

I will have to come up with another scenario or just load and unload the stakes with
the loaded commodity.

It would be nice if we had an ON/OFF switch. I could use that to make the stakes show
or not show, and, we could turn lights (coronas) on and off. Hopefully that sort of
feature is in the future.

-AL

An interesting proposal to have two commodities in the same car. One for the stakes and the other for the actual product. There are some cars that have several commodities capability. It would take for a creator to set attachment points for stakes and regular attachments for whatever commodity is desired. This way, you could control what is loaded and when. As per the coronas, I like the automatic set of end lights: This is for European cars that have lights at the end of the consist. So far they work (on cars so equipped), quite well. There are other cars where you can add, light them and change for day or night. Overall quite clever and sufficient for me.

Back