Preserving Local Folder

illinoiscentral

SARM Volunteer
Hello all,
I am looking to uninstall a damaged copy of TS10 and replace it. Not wanting to lose the local folder though. I have copied the items into a blank folder on the computer. A simple copy and paste of the Hash folders and a 20-or so minute transfer of items into the new folder. They were copied. Wanting to be sure I won't lose the items if I uninstall the game?

Thanks.

Hi there Woody, longtime no see!

I would backup more than just that.

Copy the complete UserData folder, which will ensure you have everything.

Once you've backed up, you can the proceed from there. Now, if I remember correctly, you may need to just delete the TRS2010 installation and then run CC-Cleaner or something like that to clean up the left overs because the uninstall doesn't work. There's a long story why and it's not N3V's fault.

Hope everything is going well for you.

John

Thanks John!

This is all part of a long process I've been in, attempting to make the game work again. I installed TS12, didn't like it, took it out and somehow it screwed up my TS10 installation and it's been hell ever since. TRS just won't work. It makes constant attempts to update the asset database, but never succeeds and also refuses to launch. Even performing an EDR via CMP does not work. It's been extremely frustrating, and no one seems to be able to help. Never seen anything like it.

Thanks John!

This is all part of a long process I've been in, attempting to make the game work again. I installed TS12, didn't like it, took it out and somehow it screwed up my TS10 installation and it's been hell ever since. TRS just won't work. It makes constant attempts to update the asset database, but never succeeds and also refuses to launch. Even performing an EDR via CMP does not work. It's been extremely frustrating, and no one seems to be able to help. Never seen anything like it.

TS12 had its moments... There are a lot of things that can cause the situation yours found its self in. If you want to give TS12 a go again, I know getting hit in the head once makes you a bit more nervous about doing this, you might try a fresh install. There has been SP1 and a bunch of Hot Fixes for that which came out a few years ago. SP1 HF4 or Build 61388.

Anyway, since T:ANE has finally settled down, I've moved on to it and left TS12 in the dust. There's a whole lot of good stuff in it that makes even TS12 seem quaint. With that said, however, it's not without its own bugs, which are slowly being worked out. Currently we're testing the SP2, which is scheduled to be released soon(tm).

When you reinstall TS2010, install and run the program as Administrator, and to make things easier, install outside of the C:\Program Files (x86) path such as C:\TS2010, or if you have another hard disk D:\TS2010. I've done this for years, and it makes it so easy to find stuff when editing and backing up data.

John

Back