Looking for large loads for HI Cap Flat and Depressed Flatcars

Please keep in mind these cars aren't necessarily designed for physically large loads as opposed to extremely heavy loads (very large transformers, turbine castings, and things like that).

Ben

Thanks Richarde57,

That worked out great for me, really appreciate it.

@ Ben Dorsey, thanks for application to detail I'll keep that in mind, I've been like a Kid in a candy store with all these new cars........

200ton2_zps836fc756.jpg

When I made this I made the load just to fit the car, on DLS.

WhitePass' structure will fit on some depressed center cars and his high capacity flat car is great.

You have already found some construction equipment and there is a lot more that can fit some DP and high cap cars.

A couple of my favorite loads

<kuid:174941:1033> 15m Steal Box Beam - commodity - and <kuid:174941:1035> 15m steal box beam - scenery - by dylanviey available here http://uslw.net/downloads.php?action=view&id=292

<kuid2:58223:41282:1> Concrete Bridge Beam Construction 01 Product by ish6 on the DLS

Ben Dorsey has made dozens of these High Capacity cars and they are all on the DLS. Figuring out how to assemble them can be a challenge!

Many have a single attachment point on the center floor and you can edit the config.txt to use it but using PEV's attachment maker you can add attachment points at the center but level with the upper decks, off center on the center floor, and on the upper decks. Great for nudging a crane or transformer into the right position or adding a pallet of oil drums or stack of lumber.

Searching for "transformer" will find an interesting selection and making large loads for these could be a interesting project for the budding modeler.;) I've been meaning to approach kenichiro about the possibility of him/her separating out elements of his/her Industrial Plant series of assets to be used as loads but I keep forgetting.

And, of course, there are davesnow's harvesters which were specifically designed for DP cars and will fit on some of Ben's cars too.

Last edited:
Friends, some of the loads I see on modeler's depressed center flat cars would not use a depressed center car in real life for a variety of reasons. For a good overview of the types of loads that do, in real life, require a depressed center flat car, this page is a good place to start. TTX also has a significant number of these types of cars under the QTTX reporting mark.

ns

Thank you Gentleman so much for your input,

@Ben Dorsey, yes his cars take a second to put together, more like 5 mins, then i got it, and wow do they look great.

I got the KRL ones, and several others. It's really amazing how much special equipement for moving large, bulky or heavy items the Railroad has at it's disposal!

@Whitepass I really like that huge piece of Steel with the heavy wood blocks, That's precisely some of the things I was looking for, but didn't know exactly who or where to find them.

@Normhart thanks for the Reference information, now I shouldn't derail if I keep within tolerance.

@ Sir Dave Snow, like those Tractors etc you make.

@ mjolnir thank you for the spec sheet with pictures.. :cool:

:wave: If I missed anyone, please forgive me.

:mop::mop:Looks like I have plenty of new toys to play with now, and for quit some time.:mop::mop:

Friends, some of the loads I see on modeler's depressed center flat cars would not use a depressed center car in real life for a variety of reasons. For a good overview of the types of loads that do, in real life, require a depressed center flat car, this page is a good place to start. TTX also has a significant number of these types of cars under the QTTX reporting mark.

ns

Which brings us back to the OP's point are there loads like this in trainz?

BTW Whitepass' load - <kuid:58422:100346> 207 ton load

Last edited:
Back