WIP: Carrabassett Valley Railroad

Ah, so that's why you haven't been streaming. Been wondering. Making good progress on the first Phase I unit, GP15-1 731 (both of the units above are in Phase II). I should have the rust and dirt wash layers done on it tonight, and I should be able to tie down the rest of it tomorrow. This will probably be one of my better weathering jobs looking at it so far. I think you guys will like it.

fgulpv.png
zoyHzp.png
9RpV4l.png
J0mGKF.png

Showcasing some of the detailed locations of the CBVR as well as the two new painted GP15's as they pass by the Victoria Marsh, and Main St Winston.

Like the new Paint Scheme for Loco's, and I really like the YouTube series too, a cool way to share your route building with us.

Like the new Paint Scheme for Loco's, and I really like the YouTube series too, a cool way to share your route building with us.

Thank you! I felt that no one is really doing a live build series on youtube. I can't easily record content so just figured I'd live stream. Community seems to be receiving the concept well :)

onitMj.jpg
RviTui.jpg

Nothing to gawk at but just something I pieced together tonight before I duck off to bed. Going to add some trees, tall grass, wild flowers along the way here and hopefully have something worth looking at here. Will replace that crossing boards at the crossing but its nice to see how things look when you first place it down versus the final product. Let me know what you think of the road not keeping a straight line. I often remember roads like this fondly back when I had my pickup truck. Used to get so annoyed by the fact they weren't even remotely straight. I post some more screenshots once I get some trees placed in as well as some other shots from around the layout next time I'm on.

I can relate to the Crazy roads I have driven thru and on, over the many years, wondering what we these folks thinking of when they designed it.

As for road, I like it just fine and think it fits right in with the Farmland area.

WT22XN.jpg
JZeEI2.jpg

Just placed in a large chunk of foliage along Timber Ridge Rd. The first photo I think shows the thickness of Maine's Forest's with the tall trees and thick undergrowth. I mostly added thick brush along the edges of the wooded sections to give the appearance of thick brush while in attempt to save on frames. Good news I am getting off this retched Mac and upgrading to a gaming PC so frames won't be such a huge issue. I need to do more work in the background portion of the road just to add a little brush. But you get the feel for what I'm going for.

Looking very good! That scene is shaping up quite well. All of the craziness of the weekend is over, so work will resume on 731 today.

Trying to do Dave proud:

I'd say 731 is around 60%ish complete. The entire right side still needs weathering as well as the back and portions of the roof which are still missing rust. However, once done I can use various layers from 731 to weather up another unit or two in various degrees of hard usage. I'm shooting for Friday, but it all depends on how much I manage to get done tomorrow.

Trying to do Dave proud:

I'd say 731 is around 60%ish complete. The entire right side still needs weathering as well as the back and portions of the roof which are still missing rust. However, once done I can use various layers from 731 to weather up another unit or two in various degrees of hard usage. I'm shooting for Friday, but it all depends on how much I manage to get done tomorrow.

That is incredible! Seriously looks like a unit that has spent its life up in the harsh Weather of Northwestern Maine

:wave: Hello Southern1581, awesome weathering techniques there, and I like your new Banner on your Signature line,:cool: very cool.

Saw you came by my place, thanks for kind comments.

No problem Blue, thanks for your compliments on 731 and also the new banner. :) That's the first one I've ever made in blue, and it's actually a darker shade of the same color that these GP15's wear. I like it.

Anyways, news from the front. I have successfully tied up work on 731, just need to check it in game and make sure everything looks right, and then I'll stash it. I'm planning to deliver 4 to 5 units by tomorrow, maybe even tonight at the pace I'm working at. Reusing a some to all of the various weathering layers from 731 will allow me to quickly weather and deliver a handful of other units in weathered condition.

Delivery is planned as follows:
Edit: I'll update the list as I get them done.

CBRY GP15-1 721 (fresh from paint shop, clean, Phase II) (Done)
CBRY GP15-1 725 (dirty but still relatively clean, no sun bleaching, Phase II) (Done)
CBRY GP15-1 731 (heavily weathered, Phase I) (Done)
CBRY GP15-1 739 (heavily weathered, Phase II) (Done)
CBRY GP15-1 746 (medium weathering, Phase I) (Saving for next delivery)

And perhaps I will get 734 out as well, planning to make that one Phase II and use the dirt layer from 731, but also create a new layer to show that it has been in very heavy coal service as a helper unit.

Last edited:
No problem Blue, thanks for your compliments on 731 and also the new banner. :) That's the first one I've ever made in blue, and it's actually a darker shade of the same color that these GP15's wear. I like it.

Anyways, news from the front. I have successfully tied up work on 731, just need to check it in game and make sure everything looks right, and then I'll stash it. I'm planning to deliver 4 to 5 units by tomorrow, maybe even tonight at the pace I'm working at. Reusing a some to all of the various weathering layers from 731 will allow me to quickly weather and deliver a handful of other units in weathered condition.

Delivery is planned as follows:
Edit: I'll update the list as I get them done.

CBRY GP15-1 721 (fresh from paint shop, clean, Phase II) (Done)
CBRY GP15-1 725 (dirty but still relatively clean, no sun bleaching, Phase II)
CBRY GP15-1 731 (heavily weathered, Phase I) (Done)
CBRY GP15-1 739 (heavily weathered, Phase II)
CBRY GP15-1 746 (medium weathering, Phase I)

And perhaps I will get 734 out as well, planning to make that one Phase II and use the dirt layer from 731, but also create a new layer to show that it has been in very heavy coal service as a helper unit.

ill have to do a brief late night special stream showing off the work once they are delivered! I appriciate all the hard work man!

Back