WIP: Carrabassett Valley Railroad

Hey guys, been quiet around here of late, sadly I've been very bogged down with school and my opportunities to work on anything for trainz are fairly rare as of late. However, I have finally finished some more stuff to show off.

For those of you who watch my streams on youtube, you will know that I have successfully completed the passenger consist for the Lac Mégantic Limited, with only the HEP car still left to go as far as rolling stock goes. Well, today I successfully finished the GP15-3's that go with them. I still have a little finagling to do with the smoke, as these rebuilds would only utilize one of the original two exhaust stacks, and that stack would likely have been rebuilt for the job, so a little more fun stuff in the kitbashing department before I seal the deal on these. I also need to remind myself to go back and apply the bake layer as well. Anyways, here are some mesh viewer renders of what you guys can expect them to look like:

Hope you guys like them, and hopefully I'll have more time to pour into the route soon. Until then I'll continue doing stuff like this as much as possible.

:wave: Hello Southern1581,

Like the pictures, and good work takes time,

Sounds like school has you running, good luck in that......;)

Hi all. I actually managed to get some work in on the route. For the most part I've just been mass planting trees tonight, although this time I did manage to actually plant some trees close enough to the tracks to make them picture worthy. I am beginning to notice a performance hit around the areas with the mass planted billboard trees. I'll use the bulk update tool later on to thin the forest a bit to improve frames. I still have a few untextured squares that I missed and will have to go back for, so bear that in mind, although I did try and conceal them as much as possible to produce better images. Anyways, on to today's shots.

Today we'll be following northbound coal train number 27 from just south of the US/Canadian border to Lac Rodrigue, Quebec. Heading up the front are SD40-2 1010 and SD40T-2 1000, and pushing in the rear are 4 GP15-1's 739, 725, 731, and 736.

Fall colors are still showing strong trackside as the head end power for train 27 crosses what I am for now calling the "Border Gorge". I still haven't named this valley or the monstrous 900 ft bridge that spans it up to 180 feet up.
a0d6819a319de36acd5806c632fd6937.jpg

And now our 4 little helpers bring up the rear.
ab6c377b0315f856001d0ca0bf997694.jpg

Different perspective.
e392443193b49aacaa8e976b58a62a77.jpg

Now, we skip a little further down the line to Lac Rodrigue. I still have a lot of work to do in this town, starting with figuring out what is wrong with these crossings, as the bells are sounding but it isn't making pretty lights.
373419a7cc666d3daf9bdddef7ec4881.jpg

The depot at the right was built in the early 50's after the original burned in late 1948. It was cleaned up and restored again for the CBVR to serve as the final stop of the LML before reaching Lac Megantic, as well as a commuter stop. The freight depot across the line was abandoned in the mid 80's.
e98dd14765bf464adfb8c9d286d1c649.jpg

And lastly, a nice shot of the hard working helpers rolling past the depot.
164f470b971aadbd0fccfa5e062d66da.jpg

Hope you guys like what you see thus far!

Yep. He's waiting on a new machine to run this route better, and in the mean time I've been doing my best to do as much of the bulk background scenery as I possibly can, as well as build up Lac Rodrigue since that is apparently turning into my little pet project town for when bulk mountain making gets boring. Once he gets a new machine I'll be passing off my current work to him so he can continue doing his thing. As for why I've been slow with it, I'm currently in college, working towards an engineering degree, so about 80% of my life currently is pure calculus. Good times. I do what I can when I can though.

Ported the CBVR over to my new machine! Begun work pretty much everywhere. Been hard at it now for almost a week. Just nice to sit back and enjoy the sunset sometimes

A Dead Creek local waits at Carrabassett Yard in Viles Pond Maine as the Lac Megantic Limited comes through the yard on its final run south for the day. The local train is heading to the Sappi North America Paper Mill and Maine Farmers & Agricultural warehouse on the Dead Creek local. There it was deliver Chemicals Recycled Paper Bales and woodchips to the plant as well as pick up finished paper rolls. And pick up fresh Maine Blue Berries from the warehouse.

And a more iconic scene on the Carrabassett the Dead Creek local passing very very slowly through the Water / Main St crossing in downtown Dead Creek. The crossing gates went down late requiring the train to crawl at 2 mph across the North Branch Dead River bridge

[/IMG]

:cool: A Computer with some Horses under the hood, makes all the difference and your Pictures look stunning too.

Glad to see you took some Quality time, we all need that personal time to just unwind and let your hair down...........The pause that refreshes!

:D And hoping to see that math Major Graduate too, we need more Engineers in the Country now more ever............Could it be Math is fundamental more than we realize!

Beam me up Scotty......

Cheers

:cool: A Computer with some Horses under the hood, makes all the difference and your Pictures look stunning too.

Glad to see you took some Quality time, we all need that personal time to just unwind and let your hair down...........The pause that refreshes!

:D And hoping to see that math Major Graduate too, we need more Engineers in the Country now more ever............Could it be Math is fundamental more than we realize!

Beam me up Scotty......

Cheers

Oh you bet. Not the most powerful but for being on a budget wasn't half bad!! Been wicked awesome getting back into the CBVR and running amuck more or less. Hope to keep spitting out these high quality shots for you guys! AS for the Math major he's a little busy if your referring to Sean (Southern). He is currently painting some CBVR units ready for release here shortly!!!

The entire SW1500 fleet, all EX NS. CBVR Road Numbers 566-572. Two based at each yard except Carrabassett Yard in Dead Creek. Only one due to its small size. 568 is the based unit at that yard. It shows considering Carrabassett Yard is the only yard not to have on site engine shops. Per old girl rarely sees the shops

Back