Looking for a Content Hosting Site

BlackDiamond1964

Shadow Banned By N3V
I'm currently looking for an established site to host all of my current and possible future Trainz content. At present I have 115 items ranging from realistic telegraph poles, street lights and power lines and many other scenery items. Those familiar with the Illinois Railway Route have seen my content. Most of the buildings on that route are my own creations.

I did have my own site but I don't like to deal with website building or updating. I'd rather spend my time building models and working on what ever project catches my attention. For those that don't know me I build Trainz and TS2017 models through the Blender program.

If interested or have questions, just post below or PM me.

Please move my post back to where it was. This is about Freeware and needs to be in that section.

Section definitions-
Trainz Community-
Announce Trainz community events, TotR shows, Trainz gatherings and community related topics here

Is this post a community event? No, TotR show? No, Trainz gathering? No, community related Maybe but that's a broad topic.

Freeware Announcements-
Announcements and discussion about Trainz Community freeware content

Is this post about Community Freeware? Why yes it is!

Again, why was it moved?

Last edited:
So are you looking for a place to put your stuff or wanting someone to build you a site or... yeah?

No, I'm looking for an established site, or even a soon to be established site that looking for a content creator to add with their own Trainz content. I can build my own site...I just don't like it.

I have one that doesn't have too much content that gets a steady stream of visitors each day or week. It's the link in my signature. If you'd like, I could build pages on the site for you and put your stuff there. It'll have a description of the item and it'll say made by BlackDiamond1964 or something like that. Only if you want to.

I have one that doesn't have too much content that gets a steady stream of visitors each day or week. It's the link in my signature. If you'd like, I could build pages on the site for you and put your stuff there. It'll have a description of the item and it'll say made by BlackDiamond1964 or something like that. Only if you want to.

Thanks, I'll take a look at it and get back to you.

I know of a site that not only stores your assets but alerts you to any faults before you upload the content. It 'talks' directly to Trainz Content Manager and therefore has a pretty good search capability. You can also search for and download assets from it via a webpage interface if you want. Another good thing is you don't need to worry about maintaining the site.

I know of a site that not only stores your assets but alerts you to any faults before you upload the content. It 'talks' directly to Trainz Content Manager and therefore has a pretty good search capability. You can also search for and download assets from it via a webpage interface if you want. Another good thing is you don't need to worry about maintaining the site.

Yes, I've heard of that site but I also hear that it is very slow.

May as well host them on the DLS ... For sure as you host them on another site ... That site will eventually go belly up, and will shut down ... TEH, TPR, USLW, RRMods, JR, would seem to be the last to disappear ... Look at trainzkuidindex, even it is going to disappear into cyberspace

May as well host them on the DLS ... For sure as you host them on another site ... That site will eventually go belly up, and will shut down ... TEH, TPR, USLW, RRMods, JR, would seem to be the last to disappear ... Look at trainzkuidindex, even it is going to disappear into cyberspace

You do have a point. I will give it some more thought.

Vote on my content placement

Ok I think I came up with a solution with my content.

First, let me say that for the people that know me know that I'm not a big fan of N3V and there business model. Since I've taken that stand it's been my believe that I should not add my content to the Download Station because of how I've been treated by the powers that be here. With that said, I also came to realize that my content is not for N3V but for the Trainz community who desires some quality models added to their routes. So ultimately it should be the Trainz Community and not me or N3V that decides my contents fate. So it should go to a community vote.

From now until Friday 5-5-17 the Trainz Community can vote Yes or No on where my content will go.

Yes Vote-To submit all my content to the Download Station.
No Vote-To find a 3rd party site to host my content.
Feel free to add comments with your vote.

Vote yes or no below-
I will count up the votes on 5-5-17 and the majority wins. I will remain silent on this subject until then.

Putting them on the DLS is sharing with the community plus I don't like to chase all over the Internet for content, so yes.

So many people have used your stuff to build routes and such that the trainz comunity would probly be better served if your stuff was on the DLS so my vote is yes.

Gotta vote "Yes" for the DLS. While it is a bit slow for non-FCT holders, it can be much, much easier to find content when downloading a route. Also, the DLS is the least likely to 'disappear' of all the content sites.

Matt

I vote yes. Having it on the DLS is much better than a 3rd party website because 3rd party websites fad away over time or get taken down, while the DLS will always be there.

Back