How to repair a faulty kuid

charlie3577

Hi, I installed a route from the DLS (Central London Line). It appears to has a faulty item (kuid2:60850:24059:13) that says "Third Party, Faulty". But when I list the dependencies, all of them are built-in, and none of them has any error. How do I fix this faulty item? Where is the problem? Thank you so much

The item it's self is faulty. Right click on it & choose "View errors & warnings." It will tell you what's wrong with it. See if the error message makes sense to you, if not post it/them here & will go from there.

peter

Thanks Peter for your kind answer.
Doing this it appears to be an error that says the following:
VE109: The low-detail meshes total more than 500 polygons. This may have a negative impact on performance 0: 912
I thought that was a warning, but it appears as an error. Can this be repaired?
Thanks so much again

VE109: The low-detail meshes total more than 500 polygons. This may have a negative impact on performance 0: 912
I thought that was a warning, but it appears as an error. Can this be repaired?

If it is a third party asset you should go back to the source where you obtained it and enquire about the error, as it seems it may have been inadequately tested before being released. That problem should only be a warning, unless the asset build number indicated the asset was suitable for T:ANE, but the mesh was not built to T:ANE standards. There is nothing you can do to fix the mesh problem. You can try changing the build number back to something that changes that problem from an error to a warning (eg, Build 3.7) but that will possibly create a stack of other problems.

It might be simpler to upversion an older version. Try this - it might work. In CM, delete the faulty asset. Do a search for "Sig 4A BR(S) Cantilever Sighting LHS". You should see <kuid2:60850:24059:4> : Sig 4A BR(S) Cantilever Sighting LHS bewcasue it is built-in for T:ANE. Right click it and select View Asset Versions. You should see <kuid2:60850:24059:11> : Sig 4A BR(S) Cantilever Sighting LHS as available for download from the DLS. Right-click and select Download This Version. It will download a lot of other junk you don't need, but that is unavoidable. Right-click the downloaded asset and Select Open for Editing and ... Edit the Config.txt file. Change the KUID from <kuid2:60850:24059:11> to <kuid2:60850:24059:13>. Remove the line with the tag 'asset-filename'. Save and close. Choose File / Import Content Folder and navigate to the editing folder (eg C:\Users\<your user name>\AppData\Local\N3V Games\TANE\<tane build>\editing) and select the folder "kuid2 60850 24059 11 Sig 4A BR(S) Cantil". In CM, select '<kuid2:60850:24059:11> Sig 4A BR(S) Cantilever Sighting LHS', right click and select Revert to Original.

Right click any asset in the list and choose List Asset Versions. You should now have '<kuid2:60850:24059:13> Sig 4A BR(S) Cantilever Sighting LHS' listed without any errors. It will be build 3.5, so the mesh problem is only a warning. Whether or not it works properly in-game is, of course, a whole other problem.

Hi, I installed a route from the DLS (Central London Line). It appears to has a faulty item (kuid2:60850:24059:13) that says "Third Party, Faulty". But when I list the dependencies, all of them are built-in, and none of them has any error.

You have been caught out by a recent policy change for the DLS, and there's not much you can do about it.

It used to be that faulty assets could not be uploaded to the DLS - they would be rejected and the content creator had to fix them and try again. Some time ago this policy was changed, and it is now OK to upload faulty assets to the DLS. They are hidden, so you won't normally see them, but you can tell they are there because they obsolete the original working version of the asset. And, worst of all, if they are referred to in a route that you download, the faulty (hidden) version gets downloaded, and the route won't work properly. That's what has happened in your case.

It seems crazy that a developer can upload a faulty version of the asset that damages a route like this, but that's the decision that was made.

There are hundreds of assets in this category. Why developers continue to upload assets they know are faulty is a mystery. Most of them don't cause too many problems, because they are not included in routes. But the ones that are included in routes create exactly this sort of issue when someone downloads the route and gets the new faulty asset instead of the functional original one.

Need help with my Faulty Kuid on Sodor Watermill Baked <kuid:326537:5034>

I seriously need you guys help on how to fix faulty on Sodor Watermill Baked. I tried everything on how to make it not be faulty anymore and be Modified with no errors but I need some step by steps on how to fix it so it would appear in Trainz 2019. I really need your help please!!!

I seriously need you guys help on how to fix faulty on Sodor Watermill Baked. I tried everything on how to make it not be faulty anymore and be Modified with no errors but I need some step by steps on how to fix it so it would appear in Trainz 2019. I really need your help please!!!

That asset is NOT on the DLS, nor is it built in to TRS19. The best source of help would be the creator of the asset and the web site where you downloaded it from.

It would also help if you posted exactly what the error message for that asset is - statements such as "how to fix it" are useless unless you can identify the exact problem.

For the OP: There's an updated version <kuid2:60850:24059:14> Sig 4A BR(S) Cantilever Sighting LHS (TB 4.3) on the DLS.

The previous version :13 is listed as "unknown asset" - maybe packaged in some DLC but would require some digging to determine which ones if any.

Bob Pearson

Last edited:
Back