KUDOS and thank you to Scratchy. Coal Country route is awesome!

JCitron

Trainzing since 12-2003
Scratchy....

Thank you for releasing your Coal Country route, which far exceeded my expectations that your screenshots showed. This is truly beautiful and depicts that western Pennsylvania Allegheny region, or eastern Kentucky region of the Appalachian Mountains very well.

I hardly had much time last night after downloading and installing the content but I did enjoy the tourist run from one end of the other. Now on to explore your other sessions and create one or two of my own.

John

Great to hear John! It means a lot :) Hope you get as many hours enjoyment out of it as I have so far. It was my first attempts at doing proper sessions so if anything can be improved on it would be good to get feedback, never expected them to be so tedious!

Cheers, Rich

EDIT: Just be sure not to exceed the speed limit by more than 8mph in the sessions!! haha

Last edited:
I'm loving the route as well, I love all the abandoned and/or disused(or just poorly maintained) spurs and/or lines that dot the route. Really hits the feeling of being in a area that's very run down but was once a fairly prosperous. It can also be fairly scenic:
18056606_1315225345232998_3980093892651146651_o.jpg

Last edited:
All I can say is WOW. this is by far the most realistic looking route I have seen in a long time. well done Scratchy. worth every penny.

Last edited:
A lot of the routes ground is not covered. Baseboards blank. Is this something that will be finished? Just started exploring it and looks cool.

A lot of the routes ground is not covered. Baseboards blank. Is this something that will be finished? Just started exploring it and looks cool.

No Open for Edit items, faulties or missing dependencies? With the exception of the " off the end" run arounds and loops, it should all be covered up.

Hey Scratchy I opened up your route and I love the look at it but after I downloaded the missing dependencies on the DLS, I still got a few missing ground textures. Here is where they are.

1bf0ed86b268357ca3c907a965840297.png

cdc5c7d2a0acbc2e8b8090d9a0e386e6.png

5c78179097ce9e4eca2dff02edff90b9.png

I don't know why, this is a global comment in regards to, when I import assets from different locations, b it DSL, or other locations, for some reason I get a lot of items "still open for edit"?, it bugs me big time, as several times as is possibly the case here, I just needed to open CM and filter for Open For Editing, submit edits and close, then I'm ok.... I don't really understand it? Maybe someone here knows why?

Does the route have cars on the roads and all applicable track signage? Just wondering.

Screenies look wondeful!

Cheers,

Dave

See what was asked previous to your post. Any missing, faulty or open for edit dependencies?
Nope and the only thing faulty is a Deer Crossing Sign by "PerRock". Nothing else is faulty, open for edit, or missing in the dependency list and yet I still have missing textures there.

Thanks for the heads up and things to look for. A lot to DL. Do missing depend's later if need be. Beware it may take some time to DL all that you find missing. It sure is for me. Yikes.

Last edited:
I have something that is faulty on my end and it is culprit 62 foot log load library due to the config.

Nope and the only thing faulty is a Deer Crossing Sign by "PerRock". Nothing else is faulty, open for edit, or missing in the dependency list and yet I still have missing textures there.

Try searching for this on the Download Station, what you are seeing as the grid is this asset: <kuid2:200726:21009:1> MH Feld 6

Thanks for the heads up and things to look for. A lot to DL. Do missing depend's later if need be. Beware it may take some time to DL all that you find missing. It sure is for me. Yikes.
Yes not every single piece of content is included with the route or the dependency packs. You will need Download Station assets for the Route and Sessions as well so you will need to get those.

Thanks Johnee :)

Alco-PA - I'm not quite sure what you mean, as said the staging yards at each end are filled with a black texture and areas not visible from the tracks to improve frame rates, if you are seeing blank baseboards you are missing deps.

Matt - See above, looks like you are only missing one texture

blueodessy - It just the way tane does it, but I like to select all open for edit and click "revert if unchanged" this is much quicker. Then anything that is left "submit edits"

Davesnow - My logic was it was more realistic to have no cars on the roads, but this is easy enough to change. Signage wise I'm not quite sure what you mean? I'm am a road designer by trade but I like to think a little of this knowledge can come cross to railways. I always try to be as realistic as possible, with the only exception that it is 30mph instead of 20 through Peabody under yard limit rule.

Last edited:
Back