Hide smoke

I enjoy a good "Smoke" once in a while ... and try to get all my loco's to smoke heavily, like loco's that use "Twinkles" smoke effects, or FelixG's Amazing Smoking ALCO's :cool:

Possibly there is a "Particle Effects" slider that can be set to zero smoke

Lets be serious: Some locos smoke too much, others just right. Can the config file be modified? This problem was there way before T:ANE, so it should not be dependent of our new version.

If the loc is editable there are smoke sections in the config.txt.

Play with the values and see if you can make it better.
You can even get red, blue, green or any color you like smoke.

Maybe you can just remove all the lines for no smoke at all.
Don't know, never tried that.

Make a clone first.

:)

forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?21634-Stop-Smoking!&highlight=Smoke-free

This should due the trick for you, it's the same idea relatively speaking......

Creators go to great lengths to create wonderful smoking locos, with great noisy enginesounds ... and then people want to turn off the locos, making them dead, and eliminating the smoke effects ... Sheesh ! That's as silly as having a huge route creation capability program in Trainz, then shoving a route it into a cramped basement model RR room :hehe: It just doesn't make sense !

Creators go to great lengths to create wonderful smoking locos, with great noisy enginesounds ... and then people want to turn off the locos, making them dead, and eliminating the smoke effects ... Sheesh ! That's as silly as having a huge route creation capability program in Trainz, then shoving a route it into a cramped basement model RR room :hehe: It just doesn't make sense !
Here' here' !!! :D And we certainly know you're not wastin' any of those "capabilies" with your version of Trainz; are you: Mr. 1.09 Giga Route Man -tee hee! :hehe:

Instead of turning it off, how about making it smoke less? have not played with the values yet, not sure if to make them smaller or bigger.

Marc Twain, when told by his physician: "You have got to smoke less cigars" ... his response was: "I can smoke in excess ... or I can smoke not at all ... but I can not smoke in moderation"

My recommendation is to position a camera upwind, so the smoke blows away from you

Under normal driving situation that's find but if your working in a yard and need to see switches etc. smoke becomes a pain in the backside. To me it does make sense to be able to turn it off or at least reduce it.

Throwing turnouts has never been a problem to me in smoke, pressing "J" or "Alt J", while free roaming around, by pressing "4", or driving in the cab ... perhaps you are positioned way too high up, following along in chase mode, riding along like a whirlybird, right up in the plume of smoke ?

Most switching moves require the loco to stop for several minutes, while the conductor gets out and throws the turnouts ... and when a loco pauses, the smoke stops

Last edited:
Back