Andrushivka-Vinnitsa Problem

JohnShugg

Recently bought, paid for, and downloaded the above route BUT there is no scenery whatsoever. i have a series of tracks on a grid with a few scattered trees. Is this what I paid for? How can i re-downlod the route in the hope of getting a proper route. Oh BTW I see they want $32. USD for each of the 4 sessions. I can't believe this is what Trainz is about.

Any suggestions greatfully received. JohnShugg

There's CERTAINLY a problem! :confused: I had purchased this route as well, and think exactly the opposite! "Andrushivka-Vinnitsa" is chock-full of content, and things to do; very well planned and executed... not to mention the route affords much mileage, and junctions! I found it to be one of the best routes (and sessions), N3V Games/Auran has offered us in a while! While I cannot help you... you'll definitely want to get this route up-n-running...! :) Someone (I'm sure), will be along soon with the technical aspect. Good luck!

Most likely you have interrupted downloading some files.
Try to delete these folders:
Code:
\packages\sc427
\packages\sc427d
\packages\sc427f_0
\packages\sc427f_1
\packages\sc427f_2
\packages\sc427s
Start the restore of the database in the content manager and then, when you enter the game, everything should boot again.

I see you have the advice to reinstall - you may also need to delete your cache folder from the local data folder if the short version Oleg provided does not work.

Oh BTW I see they want $32. USD for each of the 4 sessions
Nope - $32 is for the route + the four sessions (unfortunately that's just poor UI to show how it works)

I can't find any \packages\scxxx folders to delete. What I would like to do is delete the entire route and start over but content manager won't let me do that either.

How do I re-download the route?? Is it possible. BTW the TANE is in the Program Files folder NOT the (86) folder. Is this a problem? HELP

JohnShugg

I can't find any \packages\scxxx folders to delete. What I would like to do is delete the entire route and start over but content manager won't let me do that either.

How do I re-download the route?? Is it possible. BTW the TANE is in the Program Files folder NOT the (86) folder. Is this a problem? HELP

JohnShugg

John,

T:ANE content isn't in the same location as the program. For most users, it's located in C:\Users\{your Windows login name}\App Data\Local\N3V Games\TANE\Build xxxxx

where xxxxx = some sequence of numbers and letters.

You can get there using Windows Explorer, now called File Explorer. If for some reason you can't find the App Data folder, you will need to enable show hidden folders option under the view options in Explorer.

Once in the N3V Games\TANE folder, open up the Build xxx folder.

Go to the Packages folder and look for the sc427 folders.

Delete these...

Start T:ANE and at the launcher choose database repair under Developer menu item.

Once completed, start Trainz, and your packages should redownload again.

Thank you JCitron So far so good. I now see that andrushivka is missing from the routes page. It has not re-downloaded yet but I will re-try in the morning as it is late here now. BTW your guidance was most helpful and took me right to the correct place to delete those files. John Shugg

Thank you JCitron So far so good. I now see that andrushivka is missing from the routes page. It has not re-downloaded yet but I will re-try in the morning as it is late here now. BTW your guidance was most helpful and took me right to the correct place to delete those files. John Shugg

OK It looks like i have lost the route. Nothing comes up when I start Trainz. I don't really want to have to purchase it again BUT maybe that's my only option. Your advice Jcitron was excellent. One thing I did notice was that there was no sc427s file that could be deleted as it did not exist. Anybody else got a suggestion??

JohnShugg

Two things to make sure you've done:

1. Once you've deleted the folders mentioned above, you need to run a database repair if you haven't already. This is in the Developer menu in the Launcher.
2. Once you've done number 1, restart the game completely then see if it downloads when you open the game. If not, click Download Purchased Items in the File menu on the Launcher screen then restart the game completely.

Restarting the game completely means closing the Launcher screen along with any other open T:ANE windows then re-opening the Launcher.

Shane

Last edited:
I really appreciate the help you guys are giving me. I have done all those things you have mentioned and I now think TANE believes I have Andruvitska installed as it has never re-downloaded it after all your good suggestions. My only thought is that perhaps the original download was faulty in some way. Maybe it was the 1/2 price special that only provded 1/2 the route?? I have done the download purchased content several times and nothing has happened. This is the first time something like this has happened with TANE and I feel I am pretty knowledgeable about it but this baffles me..
Is it possible for the administrators over there in Aus to force another download for me? Thanks for all the help boys. JohnShugg

PS JohnShugg was a real locomotive engineer in my life. He and Bill Van Alstein (the fireman) drove CN 6065 , a fast passenger , from Niagara Falls to Toronto in the mid 50's. They often stopped at Merritton where occasionally they invited my brother and I to ride cab to St Catherines. What a thrill. Thanks John you are always remembered

Last edited:
Try this?
After deleting the route from the packages folder, clear the contents of cache\internet then reboot the PC.

Reason being everything that gets downloaded gets cached in there and sometimes part downloaded items get stuck.

I think I have to give up. In spite of all the good advice from fellow Trainzers ?? I have not succeeded in getting the route back. It does not allow me to re-purchase the route as I suppose it thinks it is already installed. I have learned a lot about Trainz though. Thanks again.

Why would you try to re-purchase something that didn't work the first time? Assuming you've done all that has been suggested here, you can try 1. Reinstalling T:ANE completely; or 2. requesting a refund. If you want to try the former, make sure you back up your existing installation. You can import your existing, non-DRMed content using the Import Content feature from your old installation. Here's a quick how-to on how to back up and reinstall:

https://forums.auran.com/trainz/sho...=1576921&highlight=reinstall+tane#post1576921

Please follow these instructions exactly and you shouldn't have any problems:

First thing, make sure your MyTrainz account that has actually purchased the content is being used. You can enter your MyTrainz account under the Trainz Settings -> Internet tab found in the launcher. If you are certain of this then continue with STEP 1.

STEP 1:

attachment.php

STEP 2:

Navigate to the PACKAGE folder under your unique userdata directory and any of the sc427 folders you have in that directory delete. Doesn't matter if you don't have all of them just delete what you have.

attachment.php

STEP 3:

attachment.php

STEP 4:

At this point restart Trainz completely (shutdown the launcher and any open windows).
Once Trainz starts again go to Run TrainzUtil Command...
attachment.php

STEP 5:

Then type in "repairdatabase extended" and click ok.
Wait for this to finish.
attachment.php

STEP 6:

No click "Download Purchased Items" and then "Start Trainz".

attachment.php

STEP 7:

When the Routes Menu loads you should get a "Asset Download" window show with several "Andrushivka - Vinnitsa UZ" files to download (Part 1 through to Part 6).
Click on them and click download for each.
Make sure they all download without any errors.
Once they have all fully downloaded and completed installation you will have the correct content installed for this route and it should be error free.

If you run into any issues please send over a picture of your Package Folder after you have followed all these steps.

Attachments

• step1.jpg
    step1.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 71
  • step2.jpg
    step2.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 1
  • step2.jpg
    step2.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 70
  • step3.jpg
    step3.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 71
  • step5.jpg
    step5.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 70
  • step4.jpg
    step4.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 72
  • step6.jpg
    step6.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 71
That was the best advice so far. Still no route however. I am learning a lot here but am not sure how to reply with the images of my folders. Running trainzutil as suggested did a lot but ended with 69 errors and quite a few warnings. There are no sc427 files in the package folder. I am nervous about moving TANE to another HD as I don't know if the program would install correctly again. In the Content manage Andrushivka shows up but is browned out. I have never been able to get an asset download when in Routes. Tom aka JohnShugg

PS Boy this is frustrating........

You can actually move TANE without installing it again, however you need to manually set up the shortcut and file association, re-input screen name and password and reset the path to your userdata.
A random thought? This couldn't be an interfering Antivirus or anti whatever program messing things up?

I just checked your MyTrainz account "JohnShugg" and you definitely have the resource allocated for the Andrushivka DLC so it should be showing in-game in the Asset Download window.

What Trainz build number are you running. Can you send over a screenshot of the launcher (which has the build number in the bottom left) and also the Trainz Settings -> Internet tab so we can see what you have in there for your MyTrainz account please?

Back