Looking for an EMU

francis21

I am currently in process of building a fictional suburban route (country not specified) but i need proper rolling stock. After futile searches i decided to ask here. So my requirements are:
- An EMU with a nice&working dedicated cab and sounds
- Regional/suburban style
- standard gauge&overhead power
- not very modern

Thanks in advance for your help

Fine, thanks, i will consider it, but how about something 'not British'? I used to drive UK EMUs a lot in the TS2016 and had enough of them

Once again, many thanks to all of you. I have pweiser's US models, used them on my previous projects but it is not exactly what im looking for. Those models are still TRS2004 era, i actually wanted some less outdated ones ocnforming to modern standards in Trainz modelmaking. Maybe something along those lines https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58fHHOzw_GE&t=103s ?

I know my expectations are high and sorry for bothering you all

Last edited:
Once again, many thanks to all of you. I have pweiser's US models, used them on my previous projects but it is not exactly what im looking for. Those models are still TRS2004 era, i actually wanted some less outdated ones ocnforming to modern standards in Trainz modelmaking. Maybe something along those lines https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58fHHOzw_GE&t=103s ?

I know my expectations are high and sorry for bothering you all

Are German ones okay?

TrainzDepot.net www.trainzdepot.net and the DLS...

Check for 430s and 420s.

There might be others, but these come time mind.

I seem to recall there's some great Japanese ones:
Hankyu711,<kuid2:438196:1426:1>
kDB EB03,<kuid:438196:1430>
Hankyu761,<kuid2:438196:1445:1>
Hankyu2300Mc_1,<kuid2:438196:1560:1>
Ueda 5250 Marumado,<kuid:438196:15251>

Excellent detail and look really good!

Paul

Thank you all for proposals. For now, ET 420 seems to be the best one, although its cab and aounds leave a bit to be desired. I could not get the Chilean ones to work though, sadly, because their look is almost what i imagined would fit best for the atmosphere of my route. I am still open to more proposals, and timeframe is roughly 1950s-1970s/early 80s (so no plastic carriage bodies, fancy destination signs and digital displays in the cabs)

Well as far as the 420 goes you might want to wait a week or so, as I know there will be a newer version of the cab available for T:ANE very soon (don't want to spoil to much about something before its properly announced here though). Please notice that its not exactly a 420 Cab, that is more greenish and drivers sit on the right side.

However, you can search for I believe the author hadotwe who made a "Karlsruher Steuerwagen" Cab that comes pretty close to a 420 from design and the time its from. I don't know the exact name of it, just search for the author and category interieur, then you should be able to spot it.

Greets, Mika

Well as far as the 420 goes you might want to wait a week or so, as I know there will be a newer version of the cab available for T:ANE very soon (don't want to spoil to much about something before its properly announced here though). Please notice that its not exactly a 420 Cab, that is more greenish and drivers sit on the right side.

However, you can search for I believe the author hadotwe who made a "Karlsruher Steuerwagen" Cab that comes pretty close to a 420 from design and the time its from. I don't know the exact name of it, just search for the author and category interieur, then you should be able to spot it.

Greets, Mika

Thanks for the update, Mika. I'll keep my eyes open for that. :)

Your UF17 route looks intriguing.... :)

Sorry, I had to :hehe:

Seriously though, look on the DLS. There are a lot of European EMU's there. I think there are some American ones there, too. Also, take a look at Trainz Commuter Rail. They might have something.

Matt

Jokes are unnecessary now, as i found what i needed. It is the BHEV EMU from Budapest avialable for download here

It has all what i wanted and it looks so very cute :) Here it is leaving Camperdown Terminal station on my future route. I will post more shots in the proper section of the forum as the works progress

Last edited:
Back