Screenshot of The Week: April 16 to April 23 2017 (Terminus)

nicky9499

SSoTW Bot
Greetings.

All good things come to an end and this is no exception for rail; even the most epic of train journeys has to stop somewhere, no matter how grand or humble an affair. This week's theme is Terminus. Please send your theme suggestions for subsequent competitions via email or Skype by clicking on the little icons below my username.

One screenshot allowed per entrant. Screenshots must adhere to the theme and the Trainz Forum Code of Conduct.

Submission closes on April 24 at 12:00 noon UTC/GMT/Zulu time.

Cheerio,
Nicholas

In June of 1990, 4 different steam engines departed from different parts of the country and traveled a combined 1000+ miles, and they all ended up at the same place.....St. Louis Union Station.

3cb590c8fb3612f7d961eac05d76e3a5.jpg

Not all journeys end at grand central stations. Some end at a simple platform with a few sidings. St Marys station at the end of the Fingal Line in Tasmania 1955 saw a few trains each day, most of them transporting fuel, livestock, wool and general goods. The line to St Marys finally succumbed to economic rationalisation in the 1980s.

St-Marys-terminus-Fingal-Line-1955.jpg

Sydney Central Station, where all the Interstate XPT's , the Country Regional 'V' Sets and the Coast-to-Coast 'Indian Pacific' trains terminate. People travel from all parts of Australia, just to have a good time in Sydney. No wonder I enjoy running this route.

2017-04-20_190607.jpg

As the second busiest Station in the United States, Washington Union Station is terminus for a lot of different Train services - Amtrak's Acela, Vermonter, Capitol Limited, some Northeast Regionals, 3 MARC and 2 VRE Commuter Lines. Here's my try to recreate it in Trainz as an entry to this April competition :)

60d9632535fef0d73edc8f6636b1b723.jpg

Last edited:
Evening trains at Zellern. The market is all but packed up, the people are on the last train as the loco runs around the coaches after topping up the water.
The DMU will stay overnight in the bay, ready for the morning rush to work in Anaheim. Two goods wagons wait at the goods shed ready for loading with fresh produce from the local farms early in the morning.

A-busy-evening-at-Zellern%2C-a-small-DB-terminus..jpg

Last edited:
In alternative history the first world war is raging and the USA has been invaded. Overhead a US Zeppelin patrols over the Cincinnati Union Terminal while passenger trains are on the move. Just out of camera range are a few more troop trains heading in to get more recruits as Detroit has fallen under the British occupation.

5900e8d3d9fc227951834efeaca6fa5e.jpg

Hi !
Maybe a little terminus, but Versailles-Château-Rive-Gauche is the closest railway station to the Versailles Castle. Here we see two evening suburbans trains ready to go, one to Montparnasse, the other to Saint-Lazare.

Jimmy

Gold train will be leaving Walhalla once the horses are on board.

Hopefully I made the deadline. :D

Last edited:
I hope I'm not late!

Port-Magruta-Station---CNJ-GP7.jpg

Been playing with one of the new Geeps I bought from Jointed Rail. I love the 567C engine sounds!

Submissions are now closed. There are 14 entries for this round so up to 2 votes are allowed. Voting will be from now until May 1, 1200nn UTC. Please post your votes below.

Cheerio,
Nicholas

My votes

Robert3a0
Mightyena

(although Thai1on's alternative reality did interest me and came a close 3rd - go the British Occupation Forces!!)

Back