probelm with Jointed Rail Steam era 40 foot boxcars

fourteen

I have a problem with the 40 foot boxcars, they would not show up in game. They have no errors on them. Was able to get them to show up by changing a file in the config file. it had the wroung link to a file that did not exist, changed the 40ft boxcar 1937 file I belive. After fixing that they show up in game except they do not show the doors. Not sure what to change to get the doors to show up, any ideas? Thanks.

Im having a similar Problem, But this time the Dependencies Are all screwed up. Like all the meshes are faulty. Not sure why, I don't know how to fix this. But i know i did something wrong, So can someone help me?

I never got the doors to show up yet. Also one of the 40 ft boxcar packs I cant even get them to show up, not sure which one it is off top od my head. I just deleted that pack.

You will need to make sure you are using at least TRAINZ 2012 (build 61388). Your registered versions only list 06, and 2010. We no longer support anything below TS12 (61388) After that be sure you are up to date with the latest FX libraries from our site and that you don't have any missing dependencies and there is nothing left open for edit.

Hope that helps.

I am running the 2012 version, it just does not show on the banner. And I have the latest patch/version. No missing dependencies or open files. Will have to check to see if have latest fx files when I get home, but do belive I do. Not sure right now what file I had to change in the config file to get the cars to show.

After messing with it today, looks as if it is the 40ft boxcar 1937 file that is the problem kuid id 103021:101016:3 the boxcars/ program cant see it, also if you open it then try to commit it says" Not authorized to commit changes to assest" Was able to get most of them to work with older version of that file minus the 3 on the end. with no doors showing expect for these below. They don't show up at all.
C&EI
NS late
NS Early
SAL
LN
VGN

Have re down loaded them and the boxcar dependencies file and still have same problem.

On another silly note cant acess the help desk to have them fix not showing the 2012 version, as I don't know my password lol.

Last edited:
After messing with it today, looks as if it is the 40ft boxcar 1937 file that is the problem kuid id 103021:101016:3 the boxcars/ program cant see it, also if you open it then try to commit it says" Not authorized to commit changes to assest" Was able to get most of them to work with older version of that file minus the 3 on the end. with no doors showing expect for these below. They don't show up at all.
C&EI
NS late
NS Early
SAL
LN
VGN

Have re down loaded them and the boxcar dependencies file and still have same problem.

On another silly note cant acess the help desk to have them fix not showing the 2012 version, as I don't know my password lol.

You should enter the config of the wagons and correct the mesh that is with "Im" for "im". That is why the doors do not appear.

Door1
{
Mesh "boxcar_body / leftdoor.Im"
FIX FOR "boxcar_body / leftdoor.im"
Auto-create 1
Anim "boxcar_body / leftdoor.kin"
Mesh-asset <kuid: 103021: 101016>

Door2
{
Mesh "boxcar_body / rightdoor.Im"
Auto-create 1
Anim "boxcar_body / rightdoor.kin"

And also correct this:

Main
{
Mesh "boxcar_body / main.Im"
Auto-create 1

After this fixes, the ports will appear.
João Sergio from Brazil

You should enter the config of the wagons and correct the mesh that is with "Im" for "im". That is why the doors do not appear.

Door1
{
Mesh "boxcar_body / leftdoor.Im"
Auto-create 1
Anim "boxcar_body / leftdoor.kin"

Door2
{
Mesh "boxcar_body / rightdoor.Im"
Auto-create 1
Anim "boxcar_body / rightdoor.kin"

And also correct this:

Main
{
Mesh "boxcar_body / main.Im"
Auto-create 1

After this fixes, the ports will appear.
João Sergio from Brazil

I know this is old, but lilb put an "L" instead of an "I" here and this is what it looks like with the L in place of the I: "boxcar_body / leftdoor.lm". The lowercase letter "L" looks different from an uppercase I in Notepad, just go look for yourself. This is how I realized he put an "L" instead of an "I"! This is why the doors don't show.

Back