Red signal on ECML Kings Cross-Edinburgh: End of the game?

Nplanfan

Hi. I'm a clueless newbie. I'm driving a Freightliner on a fast freight that is London bound from (presumably) some place in the north. On the East Coast Main Line. At milepost 198.1 I encountered a red signal, and have sat there patiently for roughly 2 hours, wondering if this is the end of this particular scenario, if there is more to come if I will wait for a while longer, or whether I've encountered a bug. Has anyone else encountered this and how was it handled?

If it is the built-in Freightliner session that comes with the ECML route, then it should run all the way from just outside Edinburgh to just outside Kings Cross in London, taking several hours to complete. You shouldn't be held at any red signals for more than a few minutes if everything is working as it should. Did you save and exit the session, then reload at any point? That is known to cause problems with the AI trains and session objective tracking, at least in the current builds. The solution is to restart the session and only pause the game when you want / need to take a break.

There is another, shorter, Freightliner session on the Download Station, by Terry Wagstaff. If that is the one you are running then it is possible that you did not clear a prior objective before arriving at the signal.

Regards,
John

I encountered this problem using the same session, it happened somewhere just north of York (it's a while back, so not sure of milepost).
I just ended the session & have not tried it again as yet.
One thing I did notice, at the location it happened, there appears to be some track on the left side that just disappears into the ground, not sure if this is part of the same problem or not.

Same problem

I had a similar happening several weeks ago. I don't know any of the surrounding circumstances. I will try it again. It does that some of the included sessions do consist of long stretches of similar scenery and not much operation. For some the only thing is the constantly changing speed limits.

Back