Trainzkuidindex.com to be closed soon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Salut
J'ais bien compris il faudra payer maintenant, ci je pouvais je donnerais plus que je ne pourrais,mais malheureusement avec ma petite pension de 763€ j'aurais bien du mal même de donner 15€ quand on vois mon budget on a de quoi pleurer.
A Bientôt
disdis44

Although I am upset about the fee, I really understand why you have put it on. But on Skype, a few of my friends got so upset. I had to talk to them about the reason on why the fee was being put in place. I will eventually pay the fee when I scrape enough money then transfer it to my personal PayPal account. Just a quick question, will this stay forever or will it eventually go away when you have enough to maintain the site for a few years?

Brandon

I will pay. It's an great site, but it's missing an button to add sites (or at least report ''that site is missing, and kuid:12345:6789 is on that site). It's worth the pay, but i am looking for an option to pay for more years in 1 time. so not every year 15$, but in 1 time 45$ for 3 year.
Regards,
Roine

Please let us know when your Site is up again and ready for payment,

I have the money set aside, and as another posted here, I like the 1 to multi year payment option too, then it not so redundant for me to pay monthly, But however you do it, I will respect your wishes.

Do want to support you with the Fee's, without your site, I wouldn't have gotten thru my several hundred missing or faulty asset repairs I had to do when I migrated from TS-12 to T:ANE, which was a real pain, but is a better program for me and my large routes.

Thanks for all you have done for us.......:wave:

Because I move a lot of older routes to Tane, I use the site almost every day.
I have had a 99% success rate and more than happy to pay the fee.
Thank you Piere.
Cheers,
Mike

Salut
J'ais bien compris il faudra payer maintenant, ci je pouvais je donnerais plus que je ne pourrais,mais malheureusement avec ma petite pension de 763€ j'aurais bien du mal même de donner 15€ quand on vois mon budget on a de quoi pleurer.
A Bientôt
disdis44

Désolé. J'avais mis en place le systeme du don justement pour que le site reste gratuit pour les personnes qui ne peuvent pas payer. Malheureusement ça n'a pas marché. Très peu de gens on pris sur eux de contribuer pour les autres (seulement 69 personnes sur des milliers d'utilisateurs), alors que je suis convaincu que 90% des utilisateurs auraient pu aider (le don minimum était de 10 USD, soit 0.83 USD par mois si on donne tous les ans). Au final c'est moi qui a contribué pour tout le monde. Mais cette période faste est terminée. Je n'ai plus d'argent, et il faut bien que je justifie le temps que je passe sur ce truc infernal, sinon mon épouse va me faire les gros yeux (vu que je vis à ses crochets pour le moment) !

Pierre

Last edited:
The site is open

The site is open now !

Please report any problem to me here or with the contact form of the site.

The site is now https for a better security. You don't have to change anything, you will be automatically redirected to the secured site. You can use your previous user name and password.

I will now work on a new update of the data base.

If you have enough money, don't hesitate to pay more than the minimum fee for the annual subscription.

Pierre

Last edited:
Glad to see your site is back up. Although I'm slightly a bit disappointed that you have to be a subscriber to use this website... But I can still pay up to be a subscriber but once you pay, that means you don't have to worry about paying to use the site again right? I don't want to keep paying every year to just use the website. I understand you need the money to keep the website up but I would had been more happy if you have to pay only once and then you can just donate (any extra money) to the site after you become a subscriber.

Last edited:
Glad to see your site is back up. Although I'm slightly a bit disappointed that you have to be a subscriber to use this website... But I can still pay up to be a subscriber but once you pay, that means you don't have to worry about paying to use the site again right? I don't want to keep paying every year to just use the website. I understand you need the money to keep the website up but I would had been more happy if you have to pay only once and then you can just donate (any extra money) to the site after you become a subscriber.

This bit may answer your question regarding paying every year (this is at the bottom of the homepage from memory)

Please note that the access to the Asset search is no more free. You will have to pay a (small) annual subscription to access to the kuid search. To learn more about this change you can read this post on the Auran forum : https://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?138169-Trainzkuidindex-com-to-be-closed-soon

Shane

I understand that Shane but I think it would had been a better idea if you just have to pay to be a subscriber once, and don't have to worry about paying once again next year, that way after you can subscribe you can just donate money to the website and keep your subscription for life.

I can confirm based on what's appeared on mine (and yes I am a subscriber) that it's valid for 1 year then it looks like another payment is required (the 'annual' part in the quote above).

If in doubt, look on the right hand side of the site when logged in.

Shane

Great site and I will re-sub once I get paid in the week. One thing I would recommend considering is having a monthly pay option for people who are a little cash strapped for whatever reason. £12/$15 may not seem like a lot of money (and in the grand scheme of things it's not) but when you don't have £12, it might as well be £12,000

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back