Missing Kuid for BNSF Terminal Caboose

Railhead001

Looking for KUID:156765:100404 which is the dependency needed for a BNSF Terminal Caboose, did several searches and can not locate it, Can anyone point me in the right direction ? Any help appreciated,

RH001

2771625.jpg

That appears to be a bogie by simulatortrain.

Edit: Possible replacement <kuid2:76096:50003:3> 70 Ton Roller Bearing Truck by cloakedghost275. (I haven't tried these) Edit: (tried them and they are too low)

Edit: OK, after several tests I could not find a caboose bogie that was not displaced low. Finally I tried another simulatortrain bogie I had.

<kuid:156765:100552> Bettendorf 70 Ton Caboose Truck Dusty which worked fine. Slabay has shared these bogies with simulatortrain's permission on his website http://valleyrailservices.weebly.com/download-index.html on his Caboose Main Page.

Last edited:
So how do you modify the cdp to make it reference the new bogey ?..........................never edited these files before so if someone could help me I would appreciate it,

You don't edit a CDP; you only use that to install the asset.
Once installed, you can edit the asset, open the config file (in notepad for example, not in Word), look for the wrong bogie KUID and replace it with the KUID you want. Save, commit, done.

Well you learn something new every day, huh...........

And a special thanks to normhart for figuring out which set of bogeys would work with the caboose
:D

Last edited:
Bump.

Terminal caboose's config file is set up for word, it is impossible to replace it with the dusty trucks.

If anyone could assist me in converting the file to a .txt for use in Notepad it would be much obliged, as I require multiple terminal cabeese for a route I am working on.

Bump.

Terminal caboose's config file is set up for word, it is impossible to replace it with the dusty trucks.

If anyone could assist me in converting the file to a .txt for use in Notepad it would be much obliged, as I require multiple terminal cabeese for a route I am working on.

Open up the folder using Explorer.

Press SHIFT key while right-clicking on the config.txt file.

Look for open with...

Choose Notepad from the list and ensure that the checkbox to use this as a default program is checked.

When you open up the text file, Notepad will open the file and going forward, that should ensure that this is the case.

That doesn't work, the formatting is for word opening in Notepad just leads to an unintelligible jumble of words.

That doesn't work, the formatting is for word opening in Notepad just leads to an unintelligible jumble of words.
Start over. Delete it and download it again (or import the CDP file again, if that's how you got it) and try opening the config.txt file in notepad. Note that your system might be set up to open .txt files in WORD. If this happens do not proceed - find the procedure needed to open the file in Notepad instead. This is dependent on your operating system.

I don't think you guys understand. The author wrote the config in Word, and it isn't formatted for notepad... it can't simply be opened in notepad... it doesn't work like that.

I don't think you guys understand. The author wrote the config in Word, and it isn't formatted for notepad.
If it's gibberish when you open it in Notepad then it is either corrupted or encrypted, or you are opening the wrong file.
If it's really constructed in Word then all you would need to do is open it in Word and save as .txt. But if it was really in Word then it wouldn't work in Trainz.

It sounds like a .chump file to me, which usually means that the asset was not opened for edit in the proper manner as the .chump file is normally converted to a .txt file (and vice versa on commit).

Shane

There is a utility, I believe from PEVSoft, for working with .chump files. It's called Chump Expander, if you can get back to the original file....

Just checked, it is a .chump file.
Where did the caboose come from? Was it delivered as a .CDP file? Are you sure you are looking in the folder that was created when the asset was opened, and not some other folder that has files for that asset?

A Chump file is a proprietary compressed file that contains all the Trainz data for the asset. If you are getting a chump file, that means that the asset was opened incorrectly. To open up, meaning expand the chump files, then you need to use Content Manager.

You may want to try importing the asset first into your Trainz version then open it up in Content Manager.

Back