TMR2017 tracks and objects

Amerola86

Apologies if this has already come up, but I just bought TMR2017 and am exploring the surveyor tool (the main reason I buy Trainz) and am a bit disappointed of some of the objects and track types from previous versions that are now absent. The biggest issue of all is the total lack of 2track splines, they were present as far back as TRS2006 (still my favorite version) and were instrumental in building layouts with parallel lines, I can't understand why now they're not featured. Other objects missing are more of a nitpick really, like large European style stations/terminals, smaller turntables and roundhouses, etc. Is there any DLC or content packages that have 2track types or old objects from previous versions that are applicable to this one?

TMR2017 is a "lite" version of T:ANE aimed at the model railroad community. Outside of its limited built-in content, any content on the Download Station is available for installation into TMR2017.

Double-track splines are not truly track and are actually bridges. They have been obsoleted at least since TS2010 due to their poor performance. This doesn't mean still don't exist, and as mentioned are likely still available for download from the DLS. For assets such as these, you may require the FTP download via the website instead of the direct download using Content Manager.

If you have TRS2006, or other versions of Trainz, why do they not show as registered? You may want to contact the Helpdesk and get your accounts merged as this will show all of your registered versions in the forums here.

I have a hard copy of TRS2006 I bought in a store, TRS12 and TANE were purchased on steam, and TMR17 was bought and downloaded from the Trainz website, I entered the serial number for TRS2006 her on the website (though it still isn't showing here) and I'm not entirely sure how to register the others.

I have a hard copy of TRS2006 I bought in a store, TRS12 and TANE were purchased on steam, and TMR17 was bought and downloaded from the Trainz website, I entered the serial number for TRS2006 her on the website (though it still isn't showing here) and I'm not entirely sure how to register the others.

If you are using the same username as you did previously, then your TRS2006 should show up here, otherwise, it will not as we see here. The Steam version should have registered as well, and again if it's under another username then we won't see it associated with your name. With that said, there have been registration server issues not populating your timeline. My recommendation again is to contact the helpdesk and get that sorted out.

will do, in the meantime, I've also read that maybe its better to switch back to TANE and download the "TMR content package" (saw it in the FAQ though not sure its a real thing) to that version to gain access to some of the new content while still having access to some of the old, I've kept encountering issues with the content manager because many of the items are labeled as TANE and for some reason won't download to TMR17.

will do, in the meantime, I've also read that maybe its better to switch back to TANE and download the "TMR content package" (saw it in the FAQ though not sure its a real thing) to that version to gain access to some of the new content while still having access to some of the old, I've kept encountering issues with the content manager because many of the items are labeled as TANE and for some reason won't download to TMR17.

The FAQ is correct, but that won't work until after SP2 is released. There are version (code) differences between TMR2017 and T:ANE with TMR2017 being slightly ahead of T:ANE, but not quite SP2. Once SP2 comes out, this will put T:ANE and TMR2017 on equal footing so anything created in TMR2017 will work in T:ANE.

I don't understand why the T:ANE versions won't work in TMR2017. Can you install anything else from the DLS, or even import CDPs? If not it may very well be a registration/login issue. Make sure that you are actually logged into your My Trainz account within T:ANE. Go to the launcher, Trainz settings, then Internet tab. Put in the same credentials you use to come here in there if they are missing.

The FAQ is correct, but that won't work until after SP2 is released. There are version (code) differences between TMR2017 and T:ANE with TMR2017 being slightly ahead of T:ANE, but not quite SP2. Once SP2 comes out, this will put T:ANE and TMR2017 on equal footing so anything created in TMR2017 will work in T:ANE.

I don't understand why the T:ANE versions won't work in TMR2017. Can you install anything else from the DLS, or even import CDPs? If not it may very well be a registration/login issue. Make sure that you are actually logged into your My Trainz account within T:ANE. Go to the launcher, Trainz settings, then Internet tab. Put in the same credentials you use to come here in there if they are missing.

I'm going to try that now, one of the issues is that not all the verions I own are installed on the same pc, I just got a new laptop and only had TRS2006 and now TMR17, I'm downloading the others from steam now and connecting my Trainz account with them so hopefully with all the versions installed and registered, things will run more smoothly.

Back