Progress on the Uintah RW

I found two problems, one minor and one major. Both may be due to TRS22, if so, I need to report the bugs. First, the minor one. Just passed Lone Tree Curve, heading toward Baxter Pass. The track is floating just above the ballast.

The major one was when I took engine 12 out of Mack. I was approaching Bridge 2-A when the engine stopped suddenly at the edge of the bridge, and all the cars telescoped into the engine.

I looked in route editor and only see the Bridge Icon (the cone) for Bridge 2-A and I don’t see anything that would cause this. I stress this may be a bug in TRS22, but I would like to know if anyone else can reproduce it or not in any version.

Phil
the track floating is a new one , I'll check that out , Forester informed me of bridge 2a, which was functioning perfectly a few weeks ago, as you say it there seems to be nothing wrong, until you drive it, I could find no cause for derailment , but I had to delete it and reattach it to the track before it would function correctly afterwards. As I've said before , things " happen " in trainz ,stuff that was fine suddenly changes , who knows why..... switches appear and disappear on the standard gauge track near mack for no obvious reason, if you see two in one spot it's because one has disappeared in surveyor, but it's visible in driver, seems no rhyme or reason.....
im making backups and save each version each time I make any significant changes , but I had to delete and re-emerge half the route into another half about a year ago due to a major corruption , in my experience that causes issues down the track.

The floating track starts just after you leave lone tree curve and ends just into the next curve. This is in Surveyor 2.0. I see it in both drive session and Edit in Surveyor 2.0.

Phil

Very close to completion at least of the last bits of vegetation , terrain etc , today I'm just completing the white river distant hills and river sections. i found a lot more to do around rainbow that I thought was needed, but no doubt there are still a few portions of the route that are underdone in some ways, 80 miles is a lot to check and to keep consistent in the overall level of detail.
i will have to drive it all tomorrow and then if i cant find anything major to fix, I'll upload the route as a "final version " ( until I make another with replacement building etc , which may never happen ) and of course there will still be issues as there always are , this being trainz !!!!!!

Firstly . To illustrate some of the issues I'm having at present, the route is almost complete, but some persistent errors keep on cropping up, such as this duplicated track, which wasn't there a few days ago when I checked this section out. It causes no derailments, but its occurred at least 5 times in different parts of the route mostly the section between Watson and bonanza .
DrgiKaF.jpg

I fix it and then it crops up again elsewhere, very annoying.
Secondly , some bridges develop the tendency to derail trains, these have been driven over previously with no issues, but later on , cause derailments even though there appears to be no apparent flaw in the connecting rails or the bridge itself, deleting the rails or deleting the bridge and reconnecting solves the problem.
I've driven the route from Cowboy to Wendella with no derailments, and have changed many items , including textures , vegetation , added more grass as the route is not as barren as it appears in google earth , the route is more or less ready, I just have to drive Baxter pass and check the north side out , if I can do this tomorrow and all is ok then I anticipate that I can get the more or less completed route on the DLS by early next week
AZcxYlZ.jpg

The completed white river section .
I can still see a large number of things I'm not 100% happy with , I would have liked to reset all track conditions but this tool doesn't seem to apply to very long stretches of track, i would also add cameras but that will be for later, likewise speed limits, but again that would take a number of days to achieve, from what I can see, the uintah never posed any speed limits ( they had a small pool of drivers who were presumably relying on their knowledge of the route rather than posting up speed limit signs,) so they would all have to be invisible. as a pointer I'd not want to exceed 20 mph on any section and most would be around 10mph at the most with the exception of one or two straight sections where around 35 to 40 mph might be possible. The other ting is of course, would the 2-6--6-2 be capable of 40 mph and or how stable could they be, the actual engine spec on the model is very overpowered >
I'll see if i can dredge up any timetable to give an indication of average speeds but the five miles of the Baxter pass summit to Atchee section was supposed to take around 50 minutes.

Last edited:
Thanks for all your dedication to this, I can imagine the frustrations you have been dealing with! But it definitely shows your perseverence!

I completed the north side of Baxter pass today, I now have to drive the route to mack from Wendella to check the trackwork , well the bridges really as they are generally whats causing the grief, I've sorted out a few minor glitches here and there where track and fill appears to have gone out of alignment and relaid a bit of track here and there . I used a fill underlay beneath the track because so much of this route is on ledges and is of very variable height , the track fill is the only thing that could represent the ledges in the pass and the fills near the river bed, but its made track laying so much more difficult , I'm sure I have relaid some sections about 10 times and the fill has to be minutely adjusted every time the track is moved as it affects sections of the fill a long way on either side of the actual track that is being moved. hopefully saving the route to back up hasn't caused any more issues.
I've worked out it took around 6 hours to travel the 62 miles from Mack to Watson, with stops at Atchee and Dragon it averages out at about 15 mph. !!!!!

Any idea what is causing the bridge and track problem?

Phil
I had to merge the route , in my experience that can cause some real glitches, and there was the major corrruption that made me think I'd have to abandon the route, this was near Mack and may well cause issues with track there, also constant saving and making new version may well also contributed but let's face it, it's trainz , it does that sort of thing . I found a half dozen bunkhouse boxcars in the bottom of the canyon a few days ago and also have had them appear on top of a mountain , I've had holes and mysterious objects appear in all the routes I've used over the years , it just is a very buggy app,

last lot of images of the line before final publication, . been adjusting track , seems almost impossible to get the ballast flush with ties, I keep on doing minute adjustments . Some sections still seem over high or over low.
Anyway, I'm doing what i can.

Near Urado north side Baxter pass.
RZz7ez7.jpg

EDqyCJo.jpg

East Vac
2OtYN0D.jpg

SBh4vTw.jpg

pyLgKLc.jpg

On the way to Wendella.
KOCrzgk.jpg

the canyon towards wendella

Back