Progress on the Uintah RW

Dan,

Other than a minor niggle, see below, it is looking fantastic in TRS19 SP5.

One suggestion, regarding the dirt tracks roads:

<kuid:44878:114844> DG GF_Road_Dirt Track 3 grass edge
<kuid:44878:113444> DG GF_Road_Dirt Track
<kuid:44878:114845> DG GF_Road_Dirt Track 2 no grass edge
<kuid:44878:113441> DG GF_Road_Dirt01
<kuid:44878:114728> DG-dirty GF_Road_Dirt02
<kuid:44878:113443> DG-GF_Road_Dirt02

May be more however, they are showing shadows which put bluntly looks dreadful, this can easily be fixed by adding "does-cast-shadows 0" to the mesh table in the config and increasing the build to 4.5

example:

Code:
kind                                    "track"
istrack                                 0
isroad                                  1
carrate                                 0
asset-filename                          "DG GF_Road_Dirt Track'"
description                             "AN 8ft wide dirt track."
[COLOR=#ff0000]trainz-build                            4.5[/COLOR]
category-class                          "SR"

mesh-table
{
  track-lod0
  {
    mesh                                "gf_road_dirt track.im"
    [COLOR=#ff0000]does-cast-shadows                   0[/COLOR]
  }
}

and so on......

Needs the build increase as it doesn't work in versions below TANE.

Before:

After:
Will change them over ,thanks for the suggestions . I also was trying to change the dark colour of the embankment I've been forced to use in this section , it's not reskinnable and I cannot find any dual track embankment that has a Color that doesn't clash horribly with its surroundings, this embankment isn't allowed to be changed in any way ...very annoying.

Will change them over ,thanks for the suggestions . I also was trying to change the dark colour of the embankment I've been forced to use in this section , it's not reskinnable and I cannot find any dual track embankment that has a Color that doesn't clash horribly with its surroundings, this embankment isn't allowed to be changed in any way ...very annoying.

You can reskin one of mine? I did a couple of wide ones.

<kuid:425700:100621> CL Embankment 22a
<kuid:425700:100630> CL Embankment 23a

They are fairly deep as well

this can easily be fixed by adding "does-cast-shadows 0" to the mesh table in the config[/CODE]

clam1952,

Thanks for sharing that. I did think that roads having shadows was not a feature that helped anything, but didn't have a clue how to change that.

Forester1,

I didn't turn off shadows until just a few days ago, otherwise I wouldn't have noticed it either. (I find dithering patterns of light and shadows inside the cab to be very distracting.)

Dan,

Still enjoying and marveling at the landscaping (and everything else) on the URY. Thanks!

You can reskin one of mine? I did a couple of wide ones.

<kuid:425700:100621> CL Embankment 22a
<kuid:425700:100630> CL Embankment 23a

They are fairly deep as well

I seem to have overlooked them, was only looking for ones that had indications they were double tracked.will check them out today. many thanks.

A great and fantastic route, with the best setting and decoration that I have ever seen.
Thanks for sharing your work.

As information of its version of March 19, 2022, it has 10 unknown objects and not present in the DLS:

Code:
<kuid:44878:113754>
<kuid:425700:105248> 
<kuid:44700:102721> 
<kuid:425700:105249> 
<kuid:44878:112229> 
<kuid:425700:105245> 
<kuid:425700:105247> 
<kuid:425700:105244> 
<kuid:44878:104046> 
<kuid:44878:106642>

A great and fantastic route, with the best setting and decoration that I have ever seen.
Thanks for sharing your work.

As information of its version of March 19, 2022, it has 10 unknown objects and not present in the DLS:

Code:
<kuid:44878:113754>
<kuid:425700:105248> 
<kuid:44700:102721> 
<kuid:425700:105249> 
<kuid:44878:112229> 
<kuid:425700:105245> 
<kuid:425700:105247> 
<kuid:425700:105244> 
<kuid:44878:104046> 
<kuid:44878:106642>

thanks Frank, those 425700 missing kuids are made by malcolm (clam1952)his stuff was a sage group which i could not uploads so reskinned as mine, its been added by mistake again and can be ignored safely
The others are mine , 106642 is , according to my version of trainz, on the DLS ,
asset 106046 is a fill spline that was supposed to have been deleted ages ago, it cant be uploaded to the dls due to some faults ,it gets rejected .
112229 is a cliff spline I must have added recently ,even though its a very old spline of mine.
likewise this one, which should have been replaced, <kuid:44878:113754> which i suspect has just been accidentally added as it seems to pop up as a default

I have uploaded these just now to the DLS, they will not affect the running of the route,

44700:10271 is a test culvert spline made by narrowgauge, i cant up it to the dls so it has been replaced by my kuid, ignore.

425700 items are mine, Sagebrush, just uploaded them to the DLS just to keep things tidy.

Meanwhile Google Drive link https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pXzPh7EBZbNR_Ykh6htelWge6P_xoRWi/view?usp=sharingoogle

Thank you Sir....Much appreciated...

@ Dan Gavel Route looks really good, sorry to hear about Shadows and Switch issues.....

Shadows are a funny sort of animal, in some situ's they can look awe inspiring, in others they are a Bane of an issue, that just makes things look strange and unattractive depending on time of day, Sun location and Associated Color filtering one has selected.....:sleep:

Because I have Travel Computer Lenovo S540 Passive designed for better battery life Etc and my larger ASUS 17Inch heavy Laptop, that is 4 yrs old almost, with 4VRAM, having shadows on, and using Ultra settings for other items, is not sustainable without overheating and/or terrible Frame Stutter at times do to Asset Density, Trees , Large Rail Yards of more than 10 Track, and believe it or not, I just found out in the last few days, that nice looking PBR Grids and Assets with PBR hurt me too, depending on all associated density factors......:confused:

With that said, I basically on medium to large Routes turn off Shadows completely.......Just a fact of life for me......4VRam and my aged 1050 GTI NVIDIA doesn't cut it as well as it did when I upgraded TRS versions of Trainz from TANE and TRS12 back in the day......:eek:

Google this "Cooling type design for Laptops"

Keep up the good work Sir Dan........I admire your Talent and Patience as create a larger than life Route......You can certainly be proud of it, I know we are.....:wave:

all the George fisher roads I modded are now shadow less ( tested in 2019) and updated, I sent them off to DLS this am . curiously the only way i could get the changes to work was to use Malcolms example on the forum, if i typed it in myself, text edit invariably declared the config faulty.
I have now completed all the canyons ( some sections on the way to Rainbow and near Watson look crappy to my eyes , but I just haven't got any decent assets that will replicate bald hills with lined rock horizontal outcrops with occasional sage brush pushing through , what i do have cant be used to make gradually sloped mounds and the splines change color markedly if rotated slightly and I cant be bothered to make about six variations that might just match the other splines, so I've used what i have and given that section up as a bad job. ) and am doing the rounds to see what else needs improving, the trouble is, things I've done a year ago aren't as good as I remember them, and I've created better assets or ways i can do things. this could lead to an endless loop, but i will cut my losses soon and put up a 'finished for now ' version.
There are a still few buildings that need completing in Watson and Dragon ( it would be nice to make a version set in the early 1900's with the boilerhouse , tipple and buildings) , but Paul is so busy with work hes not had any time to build them yet , lets hope his gets a rest from constant work in the future as he makes great assets.

You've done so much on this route. I was impressed that you ported it between Mac and PC computers to make it compatible with both. What you've done is terrific, even if you liked earlier work better. I really like what you've done. Thanks for sharing it.

You've done so much on this route. I was impressed that you ported it between Mac and PC computers to make it compatible with both. What you've done is terrific, even if you liked earlier work better. I really like what you've done. Thanks for sharing it.

I think you misunderstood me, I wasn't happy with earlier work . I probably could have completed it two years ago if i was happy to just use what was on the DLS , theres still sections that i don't think are up to scratch, but i cant make the items I need to get them better. Most textures have been taken from images of the routes geology, but the only ones I have near Watson were either black and white or which lack enough detail to be used, as they were taken late afternoon when there were deep shadows on the cliffs. The cliff splines I have are limited , they really cant be used to create gradual slopes very well, and the images often look terrible when then are used on these splines as they go very dark for some reason.
Still , it looks passable.
I've been working on the DRGW loop line at Mack and have done a lot towards getting this completed today, its about 8 miles long but most of it is out of sight , its just designed to provide a way to set off consists that pass by mack every 10 minutes or so . I'm only detailing about three miles of it at the most ,basically anything that's visible from the mack station. fixed one of Malcolms embankment splines to fit under the track and also changed the pro track, there is still an issue with the standard gauge switches tho, they aren't visible in surveyor , but appear in game, no idea why this is happening.

I’m having two problems with the Uintah route. One I don’t believe is caused by the route but does effect some people that will try to use it. You have a large number of assets that need to be downloaded from the Download Station. When I try using Content Manger to select multiple assets from the Download Station, after about assets 2 to 12 have been downloaded, I lose network connection and have to kill off the entire Trainz task. I believe that the Download Station server is time out the connection. This makes it very hard to get your route and some people will most likely complain about it (even though the problem is with Download Station). I’ve spent a total of 5 hours and still only have a little over thousands of the assets downloaded. I've submitted a trouble ticket on this with Trainz and I'm waiting a response.

Next, I should say that I’m trying the route on TRS19 and have found some more unknown assets. I went over to Trainz Kuid Index’s website and see what I could find. There are a few it could not find (they maybe some of malcolm (clam1952) stuff). Most where third party assets or some were built-in assets that were for TS12 and/or TANE but are no longer in TRS19. Anyway here is the list I hope it will be helpful.

<kuid2:43955:11004:1> Third party only, Prowler’ ridgwaysandhouse.cdp, Asset name : Locomotive Sand
<kuid:103475:28048> Not found
<kuid2:146523:880:1> Built-in for TS12 and TANE but not on TRS19, Asset name : RR Crossbuck
<kuid:453099:100070> Built-in for TS12 but not on TRS19 (not sure about TANE) can be downloaded at third party Asset name : Seasonal Grass – 01
<kuid2:303612:53:1> Third party site available, The Railway Works, TRW Crovan's Gate.zip, Asset Name: John
<kuid:103475:22029> Third party Site Rail Studios, deps1.cdp Asset Name: (TS12) Grass Dead Green
<kuid:565830:100171> Built in for TS12 not on TRS19, Asset Name: (TS12) MuddyMossy Ground, available at third party
<kuid:44878:106642> Not found
<kuid:453099:100409> Not found
<kuid:44700:102721> Not found
<kuid2:303612:54:1> Third party, The Railway Works, CG Deps.cdpAsset name : Johnmark
<kuid2:328583:100426:1> Third party, Asset name : JVC#(SG-3 Groundcover) E
<kuid:44878:112229> Not found
<kuid:103475:22028> Third party, Rail Studios, deps1.cdp, Asset name : (TS12) Grass Dark Green
<kuid:43955:21018> Third party, Steam Machine, clearlake textures.zip, Asset name : Bluesky
<kuid:44878:113754> Not found
<kuid:103475:37018> Not found
<kuid:565830:100167> Third party, Rail Studios, deps1.cdp, Asset name : (TS12) MuddyRocky Ground
<kuid:44878:104046> Not found
<kuid:565830:100206> Built-in TS12 and TANE, not on TRS19, Asset name: (TS12) GrassDarkRocky Ground
<kuid2:283523:22050:1> Third party, Trainz.org/ptt, tory_ladunkowe_klody42.cdp, Asset name : Logs - Stack 4.2m long
<kuid2:71619:22111:9> Third party, Multiple sites and cdp, Asset name : G: grass11 - ripe dark grass long
<kuid:103475:28047> Third party, Two sites both in France, one blocked due to Trojan. Asset name : VR Stockyard Cattle Gate

The route is looking great and I'm really looking forward to it. I will also try loading the route on TRS22 sometime this coming week and see if I get a different set of unknown assets.

Phil

I’m having two problems with the Uintah route. One I don’t believe is caused by the route but does effect some people that will try to use it. You have a large number of assets that need to be downloaded from the Download Station. When I try using Content Manger to select multiple assets from the Download Station, after about assets 2 to 12 have been downloaded, I lose network connection and have to kill off the entire Trainz task. I believe that the Download Station server is time out the connection. This makes it very hard to get your route and some people will most likely complain about it (even though the problem is with Download Station). I’ve spent a total of 5 hours and still only have a little over thousands of the assets downloaded. I've submitted a trouble ticket on this with Trainz and I'm waiting a response.

Next, I should say that I’m trying the route on TRS19 and have found some more unknown assets. I went over to Trainz Kuid Index’s website and see what I could find. There are a few it could not find (they maybe some of malcolm (clam1952) stuff). Most where third party assets or some were built-in assets that were for TS12 and/or TANE but are no longer in TRS19. Anyway here is the list I hope it will be helpful.

<kuid2:43955:11004:1> Third party only, Prowler’ ridgwaysandhouse.cdp, Asset name : Locomotive Sand payware
<kuid:103475:28048> Not found payware <kuid:103475:28048> VR Stockyard Sheep Gate
<kuid2:146523:880:1> Built-in for TS12 and TANE but not on TRS19, Asset name : RR Crossbuck
<kuid:453099:100070> Built-in for TS12 but not on TRS19 (not sure about TANE) can be downloaded at third party Asset name : Seasonal Grass – 01
<kuid2:303612:53:1> Third party site available, The Railway Works, TRW Crovan's Gate.zip, Asset Name: John payware
<kuid:103475:22029> Third party Site Rail Studios, deps1.cdp Asset Name: (TS12) Grass Dead Green
<kuid:565830:100171> Built in for TS12 not on TRS19, Asset Name: (TS12) MuddyMossy Ground, available at third party
<kuid:453099:100409> Not found <kuid:453099:100409> 1 Track Bridge Plate Girder payware
<kuid2:303612:54:1> Third party, The Railway Works, CG Deps.cdpAsset name : Johnmark
<kuid2:328583:100426:1> Third party, Asset name : JVC#(SG-3 Groundcover) E
<kuid:44878:112229> Not found
<kuid:103475:22028> Third party, Rail Studios, deps1.cdp, Asset name : (TS12) Grass Dark Green
<kuid:43955:21018> Third party, Steam Machine, clearlake textures.zip, Asset name : Bluesky
<kuid:44878:113754> Not found
<kuid:103475:37018> Not found
<kuid:565830:100167> Third party, Rail Studios, deps1.cdp, Asset name : (TS12) MuddyRocky Ground
<kuid:565830:100206> Built-in TS12 and TANE, not on TRS19, Asset name: (TS12) GrassDarkRocky Ground
<kuid2:283523:22050:1> Third party, Trainz.org/ptt, tory_ladunkowe_klody42.cdp, Asset name : Logs - Stack 4.2m long payware
<kuid2:71619:22111:9> Third party, Multiple sites and cdp, Asset name : G: grass11 - ripe dark grass long
<kuid:103475:28047> Third party, Two sites both in France, one blocked due to Trojan. Asset name : VR Stockyard Cattle Gate payware

The route is looking great and I'm really looking forward to it. I will also try loading the route on TRS22 sometime this coming week and see if I get a different set of unknown assets.

Phil
Re your slow loading, Must be your connection, I have no issues downloading the route into my pic , took about three hours in total. I can't do anything about that. I'm mystified regarding those third party items in 2919, I'll check out the latest version on my pc that has a base install and see what's missing , if these items are available in Tane on the DLS they ought to be there for 2019 .( there are a few differences in the built in items for 2019).some of the 44878 items are mine and they have been dealt with in Frank deans post regarding some missing assets he reported.
The majority of your missing items of these items appear as payware in my tane install, but there are no issues using them in game.
I just checked my install of the latest version of the route on my PC in 2019 and the only missing items are the ones frank mentioned apart from blue sky which was made by prowler and wont be available ( just select another sky color in environment ) 103475 items are payware in TANE .
I may make a version for 2019 eventually , but there are few advantages in doing so, I might be able to use procedural track, but the yard in atchee would cause endless issues as the grades are so steep and the curves so tight , i imagine procedural switches would give many red warnings that could not be fixed easily. I'm not a fan of pbr textures and there little in the way of vegetation in 2019 that i can change to thats suitable for this route. i dont use turf fx as i'm on a mac and given there is so much vegetation anyway it would probably bring most computers to their knees if I added turf fx grass.
I'd like to move on to other things , so anything missing , unless its something like track or roads should not make any difference in running this route,one of the advantages of making or reskinning assets is that they should not disappear off the DLS , but i cant control NV3s continuing fiasco of assets becoming payware or being build in and then not being build in, if i tried to keep up with their changes . I'd be monitoring the route 24/7

Last edited:
On the download problem, I got an answer on my ticket, and it appears to be a known issue. They needed to "refresh" my download permissions. They also said that you can "refresh" your permissions on your own. I've included the instructions so if someone else has this problem they can try this out:
"To do this, please click on 'Trainz Settings' on the launcher screen, then go to the 'MyTrainz' tab and click on your username, then click 'sign out'. Now close Trainz entirely, then re-open Trainz and re-enter your username and password into the MyTrainz tab of the Trainz Settings. Please keep in mind that your username and password are case sensitive.

"Once you have done this, please try downloading from the Download Station again."

So, after doing this I was able to get the rest of the route. Boy, what can I say, except that it beats every bit of my expectations. This has to be one most realistic routes out there. You really show what can be done it Trainz.

I have two computers, one with TRS19 and another that I was doing the beta testing on TRS22. As can be seen when I loaded it in to TRS22, I got fewer assets not found. I believe this is due that I had a Trainz content install on TRS22 but not on TRS19 (just rebuilt TRS19 and had not everything install yet). The Trainz content that needs to be install is "Additional TANE Assets for TRS19". Not sure why this is not install as part of the build or patch for TRS19 but it is not. The list is only FYI, not a request to replace them. I was only trying to find where some of the missing assets could be found.

<kuid:565830:100171> Built in for TS12 not in TRS19, Asset Name: (TS12) MuddyMossy Ground, available at third party
<kuid:103475:28047> Third party, Two sites both in France, one blocked due to Trojan. Asset name : VR Stockyard Cattle Gate
<kuid:565830:100206> Built-in TS12 and TANE, not TRS19, Asset name: (TS12) GrassDarkRocky Ground
<kuid2:71619:22111:9> Third party, Multiple sites and cdpAsset name : G: grass11 - ripe dark grass long

On moving over to TRS19, I would recommend waiting a while and do that for TRS22 instead. If you get Trainz Plus you will have access to Surveyor 2.0 which may be helpful. I don't know why they are not including Surveyor 2.0 in TRS22. My guess is that really want people to go over to subscription base.

Again, the route is really great.

Phil

On the download problem, I got an answer on my ticket, and it appears to be a known issue. They needed to "refresh" my download permissions. They also said that you can "refresh" your permissions on your own. I've included the instructions so if someone else has this problem they can try this out:
"To do this, please click on 'Trainz Settings' on the launcher screen, then go to the 'MyTrainz' tab and click on your username, then click 'sign out'. Now close Trainz entirely, then re-open Trainz and re-enter your username and password into the MyTrainz tab of the Trainz Settings. Please keep in mind that your username and password are case sensitive.

"Once you have done this, please try downloading from the Download Station again."

So, after doing this I was able to get the rest of the route. Boy, what can I say, except that it beats every bit of my expectations. This has to be one most realistic routes out there. You really show what can be done it Trainz.

I have two computers, one with TRS19 and another that I was doing the beta testing on TRS22. As can be seen when I loaded it in to TRS22, I got fewer assets not found. I believe this is due that I had a Trainz content install on TRS22 but not on TRS19 (just rebuilt TRS19 and had not everything install yet). The Trainz content that needs to be install is "Additional TANE Assets for TRS19". Not sure why this is not install as part of the build or patch for TRS19 but it is not. The list is only FYI, not a request to replace them. I was only trying to find where some of the missing assets could be found.

<kuid:565830:100171> Built in for TS12 not in TRS19, Asset Name: (TS12) MuddyMossy Ground, available at third party
<kuid:565830:100206> Built-in TS12 and TANE, not TRS19, Asset name: (TS12) GrassDarkRocky Ground
<kuid2:71619:22111:9> Third party, Multiple sites and cdpAsset name : G: grass11 - ripe dark grass long

On moving over to TRS19, I would recommend waiting a while and do that for TRS22 instead. If you get Trainz Plus you will have access to Surveyor 2.0 which may be helpful. I don't know why they are not including Surveyor 2.0 in TRS22. My guess is that really want people to go over to subscription base.

Again, the route is really great.

Phil
Annoying there are still some missing items, I will see if there are substitutes I can use although no doubt there will be more items that slip through the nv3 net and become redundant, the . 127 applied at the end of the Kurd number one item has risen its head before for another user in the first version. Needless to say I'll be testing the route for missing items in 2019 before I put it online .
glad you think it looks good, my issue is, I'm satisfied for a short while when I work on a section and then after a bit I get dissatisfied with what I've done , I've always been like that ,but I am able to cut my losses and publish an item , otherwise I'd be like some of the students I used to teach, they never used to submit projects as they weren't satisfied with them, which was self defeating .
yesterday I revisited the rainbow area and have reworked a lot of that too , I've completed Mack and environs , its looks ok up to about a mile outside of Mack in either direction. Now I will work my way from watson to bonanza , run the route and then release the end result , it won't be the "final " as that will only be done when all the buildings are completed . I will also write up a potted history of the lines features for those who wish to model it for a specific era as this is a mix of all eras up till 1939 and of course the mythic beyond 1939 scenario I've included in this release.

I may make a version for 2019 eventually , but there are few advantages in doing so, I might be able to use procedural track, but the yard in atchee would cause endless issues as the grades are so steep and the curves so tight , i imagine procedural switches would give many red warnings that could not be fixed easily.

Procedural track switches on gradients are easy enough so long as the 2 spline points at the exit of the switch are exactly at the same height, the entry spline can be higher or lower.
Curves are less of a problem on Narrow Gauge. In fact I've just done a quick bulk replace of the track in Atchee yard with some procedural track as a test, no problem other than a couple of switches will need an extra spline point or two most are fine and took 30 seconds to tweak. OK so wrong type of track as it has chairs rather than spiked but with the right track it will be fine, I've put it back to normal now.
Other than maybe procedural track I can't see anything that needs doing for TRS19.

Missing bits: checked in TRS19.

<kuid:565830:100171> Built in for TS12 not in TRS19, Asset Name: (TS12) MuddyMossy Ground :- Packaged <kuid2:453099:100037:20> C&O Hinton Division
<kuid:103475:28047> Third party, :- VR Stockyard Cattle Gate Packaged <kuid2:1854:1:12> Healesville - 1913-1920
<kuid:565830:100206> Built-in TS12 and TANE, not TRS19, Asset name: (TS12) GrassDarkRocky Ground :- packaged<kuid2:169264:100532:15> Warwick - Wallangarra and <kuid2:523:19723122:17> Kickstarter County - the original version
<kuid:103475:22029> Third party Site Rail Studios, deps1.cdp Asset Name: (TS12) Grass Dead Green :- <kuid2:1854:1:12> Healesville - 1913-1920
<kuid:103475:28048> Not found :- <kuid2:1854:1:12> Healesville - 1913-1920
<kuid2:71619:22111:9> Third party, Multiple sites and cdpAsset name : G: grass11 - ripe dark grass long By Trunda, his stuff is hosted on a site after his closed I forget where though
<kuid:103475:22028> Third party, Rail Studios, deps1.cdp, Asset name : (TS12) Grass Dark Green :- <kuid2:1854:1:12> Healesville - 1913-1920
<kuid:43955:21018> Third party, Steam Machine, clearlake textures.zip, Asset name : Bluesky presumably the sky? :- route seems fine without it.

Suggest downloading the TANE extras from the Content Store might clear a few things up. That should get the TANE builtins or some of them.

Procedural track switches on gradients are easy enough so long as the 2 spline points at the exit of the switch are exactly at the same height, the entry spline can be higher or lower.
Curves are less of a problem on Narrow Gauge. In fact I've just done a quick bulk replace of the track in Atchee yard with some procedural track as a test, no problem other than a couple of switches will need an extra spline point or two most are fine and took 30 seconds to tweak. OK so wrong type of track as it has chairs rather than spiked but with the right track it will be fine, I've put it back to normal now.
Other than maybe procedural track I can't see anything that needs doing for TRS19.

Thats quite a surprise as the timber ridge changeover to procedural gave me quite a few headaches, altho it was NG to standard gauge, and the tighter NG curves were probably the cause now I come to think of it.

The plan on the uintah was to standardise it if they dug a tunnel under Baxter pass, it would have started outside Atchee just before the 7.5% grade starts and come out below columbine on the north side of the pass . They actually replaced a large number of NG ties with standard ones in the 1920s but a recession dropped gilsonite prices and the tunnel never went ahead, if it wasn't for having to change all those bridges to standard gauge, plus Atchee yard probably being too small to fit in the curves needed , I'd do a standard gauge version with the tunnel and postulate it being run by the DRGW, which would give a larger number of items of rolling stock to run over the line.
might just do a version with a tunnel for my own interest one of these days just to see what the grades would have been . Baxter pass wasnt as bad as Rollins pass as far as snow went but it was hard to keep open and there was a severe landslip in the 1920s which lead to the line being closed for a few months and realignments having to take place, the shale section was very unstable. Doing a Moffat road style tunnel might have made sense as the slowness and expense of keeping the pass open was one of the reasons why they closed the line ( in addition to road transport being cheaper, the rainbow gilsonite deposits playing out and the new mines being the other side of a large river which needed a large bridge to span it. )

I found two problems, one minor and one major. Both may be due to TRS22, if so, I need to report the bugs. First, the minor one. Just passed Lone Tree Curve, heading toward Baxter Pass. The track is floating just above the ballast.

The major one was when I took engine 12 out of Mack. I was approaching Bridge 2-A when the engine stopped suddenly at the edge of the bridge, and all the cars telescoped into the engine.

I looked in route editor and only see the Bridge Icon (the cone) for Bridge 2-A and I don’t see anything that would cause this. I stress this may be a bug in TRS22, but I would like to know if anyone else can reproduce it or not in any version.

Phil

Last edited:
Back