Page 33 of 37 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: Progress on the Uintah RW

Hello Dan!

I have finally been able to download the Uintah previw that is on the DLS.... My jaw needs to be re-attached to my skull. An absolutely beautiful route. I find it hard to believe that (even though based on real life) the scenery was all placed by hand. Everything looks so natural and realistic. A great route to explore.

My only issue is that in 2019 the very nice looking dirt road has shadows underneath them, and I found that i was unable to operate the junction "2734198" at the most western of the mines when my train was in the little switchback, as the junction was "locked"!! I really hate that with Trainz. Also bridge 79B and maybe 79A on the track to the north east mines, the telegraph poles were quite low!

Other than those two..... I found nothing else.... Incredible. I am so glad you have kept this project going, and (as I original though when i first saw it) It has restored my faith in Trainz!
    hi, i was rjc0235, then 0235, now im rjc0235 again! if you have seen anything that is 0235 or rjc0235, im the same person

Blog Entries

Glad you liked it , the vegetation is getting easier to now I've created a lot of my own as I've put most of it so it is slightly below the surface , it saves me having to drag it all lower to avoid the annoying floating effect , and thanks for telling me what needs fixing , I thought the roads would need resetting in 2019, one reason why I've continued in tane , if it can get finished ( I estimate another six months at the rate I'm going at present,, but it all depends on what life has to throw at me) , I'll then look into doing a version for 2019 .I will probably put a full wip up sometime before that but first I have to get rid of the missing assets ....
    Last edited by dangavel; December 31st, 2021 at 04:35 PM.
    WARNING! The Surgeon General has determined that the use of the simulator Trainz is highly addictive,

Blog Entries

I can remember thinking when i started this route, well i can get this done in about a ear, that was in 2017 !!!!
    then i look at this section alone and i consider myself an utter dolt. this is looking towards watson, rainbow and white river. I've changed the splines three times in this section and have had to make two new series ( which took most of a day )in order to get it anywhere near what it looks in realiry and its a poor imitation, but given what I have to work with, its probably as good as i can get it , its roughly in place and the textures are form the area, but i think the cliffs are a bit different in reality and of course it still is a bit clunky , but there you go. unless one has custom items made to fit each cliff, trains isnt really the best app to make stuff like this with the cliff splines that are around at present, especially cliff rock patterns which run horizontally . these are tough to model.
    looking towards this first section in the picture from about a mile away
    looking towards Dragon from the bend in the last image

Below: looking towards Watson about a mile up the route
    below looking back to dragon

the canyon another mile up the route, looking towards Dragon

just round the bend looking towards dragon again
    There's still a lot of fine placements to do, as well as vegetation ( thankfully hardly any on the mountains here ) but this is significant progress as it means I have only about 10 miles of canyon to rough out before I put up a WIP of the whole route.
    Last edited by dangavel; January 1st, 2022 at 05:31 AM.
    WARNING! The Surgeon General has determined that the use of the simulator Trainz is highly addictive,

United States of America, Illinois, Park Ridge

I'm no expert and as such am not qualified to be judging but to my eyes you are doing a magnificent job. Until I had seen your work with the cliff splines I never realized what could be achieved. It's opened my eyes to what can be achieved. A big part of the end result is the textures being used. I am amazed at the volume of the textures that you have been using. I can't imagine how much time it took for you to collect and organize those.

Your work is a showplace for what can be accomplished in this sim. Very Nice Indeed!

Paul

Thumbs up

Happy New Year Sir Dan Gavel,

You are a true Artist, there is no doubt about, Unitah is nothing short of amazing.........

You have accomplished a great feat in representing this Route, and it sure looks to me, that others are in full agreement...........

Peace and good health to you Sir..........

Blog Entries

been working on this section form watson , rainbow junctions and to mp 60, which is now largely completed, save the sage on top of the hills.

unfortunately these chooks are third party so they have to go.

Rainbow junction

MP 61

Blog Entries

Default mp 61-to-59

leaving rainbow junction

ot would be nice if these cliffs were higher resolution but unfortunately the source images arent any bigger.

it

Blog Entries

Blog Entries

Default thats yer lot for today

so this is the sections thats about 90% complete, i spent today working on a new escarpment splines to do the next section, this is the hardest bit to get right as the rock formations are quite ridiculous.

you can see the new ones on the top of this cliff, i think I've cracked it making these work. bit like a jig saw puzzle, you just have to keep trying different strategies to get it all to fit but it taqkes a lot of fails before you get there .thus all those splinea on the dls half of which i haven't actually used in the final product. !!!!!!

Wow! You are doing an amazing job of lining up all those cliff splnes! Everything looks real! (By the way, msgsapper has a dozen animated and non-animate chickens on the DLS! )
    "When the power of love overcomes the love of power then the world will know peace." Jimi Hendrix

Thumbs up

Happy New Year Sir Dan Gavel,

Was snooping around looking for some help Turf x issues I am going thru, saw you posted some more Fantastic Pictures of your renown creativity. When I come thru here, I am happy to see what the latest ones look like.

Your Cliff assets look terrific on them tall Mountains...

Take care ole friend, wishing you the very best in this New Year......

Blog Entries

thank you Blue and Forester, your praise is always appreciated, this section is now almost complete. i now have about 4 miles to do beforre dragon, 6 miles near atchee and a general clean up before i put a tentative full route on the DLS .
    one thing i have sworn to do if I ever complete this route and embark on another.

NO SAGEBRUSH
    hardly any cliffs
    and minimal creek beds,
    I've had enough of all three to last me a lifetime.

Blog Entries

you may well notice a large number of Uintah assets going up on the DLS in the next few days, not all may be included in the WIP version I'll be uploading ( hopefully within a month ) but i am attempting to get as many assets updated as possible so nothing will be missing . as usual bulk replacement isn't always working for me, I've replaced items only to still see them regarded as part of the route . this is extremely annoying . I also found about 8 Ben Dorsey items that he'd never uploaded to the DLS so they have had to be replaced by ones I've cloned.
    I see trainboi has created a williamette for TS 2019 and was wondering what the scope was to reskin one of these as a uintah shay, it might be closer to the real thing than the slugsmasher items that are the only assets that can be reskinned at the moment . Unfortunately TB's assets are only usable with sp4 , which is a drag. IF I DID A ts 2019 version i'd be making it in the earliest version of 2019, dunno if it would then be compatible.
    Anyway, i would not download all of these new items because i may well be able to remove them eventually, so just thought I''d let you folks know.
    working on getting a video of a run through Atchee canyon online, but still have to sort out the sound.

Wonderful work you are doing Dan! The cliff splines are magnificent and overall the route is a joy to use, even in TRS22. I originally loaded it in the first 22 beta with the extra sharpening and it looked amazing, like driving in 4k on a 1080p monitor. Hopefully they bring that feature back in a future build. Keep up the great job you're doing, I know how frustrating building a high quality route can be at times, but the end result is worth it.

Cheers Graeme

As a creator of routes I can say that it always takes a good dose of bravery to undertake the creation of a route of such a size. Congratulation, dude.
    Roberto (sister)