Robert Stephenson - Turbine Loco Conspiracy

Considering this was taken from a Blender forum, I doubt the accuracy of this and think this is more just a (very talented) 3D modeller's imagination creating a backstory for a very impressive 3D model. Also this site has a big section on turbine locomotives (both direct drive and electric) and it says nothing on the subject. Not to mention the big clue is the constant reference to British Rail, yet if this was really a late Victorian design, it would not have ended up in the 'BR archives' as some hushed-up design as BR did not even exist until 1947!

Interesting concept, but yeah, I am very skeptical about the backstory behind it.

EDIT: it's complete bunk, later posts refer to such fanciful equipment on board as fusion reactors, which is pretty much the big flashing neon sign, "This is fake".

Still an awesome looking model but yeah, it's not real and never existed.

Last edited:
Yes, the plasma reactors or whatever they were called let me know I was thinking too hard on this :) . Also in retrospect many of the companies listed were fictional, but his knowledge on what (seemingly) works in an engine is impressive.

Also he really did work for BR as an engineer - he sent me some drawings for loco pneumatic windscreen wipers, helpful and real.

Regardless of whether it is fact or fanciful, it is a beautiful model and appears to be using Cycles rendering. What a pity we can't get that sort of effect in Trainz. Maybe I should talk to Chris about it.

Anyway, the real reason I'm here is that your PM inbox (EverTrainz) is full and I can't PM you. Some house cleaning required?

Back