JR signals not working, dissapearing when showing not faulty

2010fordranger

hello guys, ive been noticing that the safetran signals and the JR signals used on the Mojave sub dont load up either when i place them or when i load the game they just dissapear. Its all random to like everyday theres another group of signals that dont load and they were fine just the other day. the ones I placed on sidings are now gone again after i had to place them again. Its getting annoying cause im editing the mojave sub adding signals that were missing and they went missing again...i need help on why these signals just randomly dissapear. Not only that but its on all my routes, now i gotta go back and add the signals again
Going into the content area of trainz12 it shows that most of them are Obsolete, dont get it..please help thank you

Last edited:
My guess is you are putting in the signals in a session instead of the actual route. So next time you edit the route, the signals are not there as they were never saved to the route.

it shows that most of them are Obsolete
That means you have a newer version of that same asset installed.

so how do i fix the problem? when i went to load the route the first time they were gone, thats why i added signals to the sidings that had missing signals. it happens to my other routes to. it happens to the safetran Clights also

If the signals do not appear faulty in Content Manager, then this is more likely to be a layers issue. Ensure you are editing the route and not the session when placing track, signals, switches, etc. Sessions are good for things that are dynamic such as schedules, and configurations for portals and industries.

If you happen to edit your session and not your route, you will find that the stuff isn't there the second time around. What you can do is merge your session into your route. As always do a backup first, and in fact having backups of stuff is a good idea anyway. Go into your session, and click on layers - the paper sheets icon on the right. Highlight the session layer and then the merge icon and merge the session layer into the route.

Oh ok. Not familiar with the layers, but i also notice that when i add the signals from the add object box in surveyor some signals don't show up in the box as what the signal is suppose to look like if that makes sense. Like i cant click on certain signals in the add object box. Sorry its so confusing im trying my best to describe the situation. And when i edit that route it usually makes a separate same route, the original built in one and the other one that your editing.

20170406150905_1.jpg

the add object box dont show the signal. So in other words i cant place certain signals.

In order for us to see that image, you will have to host it somewhere on the web, not your PC. For example the gallery to which you can upload from inside TANE.

as you can see the surveyor dont have the woodford signals showing up, this goes for a few other JR MS signals, along with some Clights that are missing. content manager says everything looks normal, so i dont know whats causing this.

The problem is not with the signals themselves. I wouldnt go around trying to replace them. Something is probably wrong with the asset database and I think you would be better served looking there first. Do a full database repair and see if they come back.

Hi all, I am having the same problem as and 2010fordranger I am doing a database repair as I post this I let you know when it's done I'm running Trainz 2012 build 61338. AARON

Hi All, I done a Database Repair and they all working and showing up, do not do a quick database Repair do a full one :)

LOL That is the one that takes like 2 days to do right? A normal rebuild take a couple hours.

Last edited:
LOL my one took 3 hours, now i have 1995 item update's need to download but I only download what I use I.E. USA and all JR stuff :Y:

Back