Screenshot of The Week: April 2 to April 9 2017 (High & Wide Loads)

nicky9499

SSoTW Bot
Greetings.

Fun fact nugget: what does the diameter of a rocket booster and a horse's butt have in common? It's moved by rail which goes through a tunnel which was built around a loading gauge based on the widths of horse drawn carts which in turn were built around a horse's dimensions. Sometimes, railroads move slightly more interesting loads, and face challenges posed by the horse's butt. This week's theme is High & Wide Loads. Please send your theme suggestions for subsequent competitions via email or Skype by clicking on the little icons below my username.

One screenshot allowed per entrant. Screenshots must adhere to the theme and the Trainz Forum Code of Conduct.

Submission closes on April 10 at 12:00 noon UTC/GMT/Zulu time.

Cheerio,
Nicholas

Since ERIE/ERIE-LACKAWANNA was Famous for being the High and wide route.
deadpool_58e47e06ad7be.jpg

Last edited:
Hello ,

according my mind , it will not succeed entering the tunnel :hehe:

Friendly, Marc

Bridge Train

BTW Rincon, GA is also the home of Transportation Technology Services (TTS) which operates 4 Schnabel rail cars which happens to be the number of Schnabel cars we have in TANE. :D

Second screenie not entered in competition.

Last edited:
GWR Broad Gauge

Isambard Kingdom Brunel's strong believe that his broad gauge (not what is now known as standard gauge) was the way forward for his Great Western Railway, means that all ex GWR lines now still sport many extra-wide tunnels and bridges allowing for wider loads to be carried in some places where the lines have not been reoriented.
GWR%20Broad%20Gauge.jpg

Submissions are now closed. There are 6 entries for this round so up to 1 vote is allowed. Voting will be from now until April 17, 1200nn UTC. Please post your votes below.

Cheerio,
Nicholas

Last edited:
Difficult one this.

For technical quality I would have given my vote to Euromodeller, for historical interest it would have been Peterwise.

But for originality, sense of humour and sheer audacity, my vote goes to oknotsen

While I wouldn't call the loads in deadpoolmx55's entry high or wide, I think it is a nice entry all the same. I vote for them.

normhart
trainboi1
Epoche3bis4

@normhart - Those eggs (the gold ones) had better be foil-wrapped chocolate. If they're real... the cars need a lot more axles (and maybe a file of Marines) for each!

Back