'Automatic Mode' in Jointed Rail Smart Signal library v1.75a

drc930

I have recently installed the new JR Smart Signal Library 1.75a (on Trainz 2012 SP1). Read the manual and everything works great except for if I check off the "Operate in automatic mode when idle" in surveyor, I save changes and next time I click the same signal after re-opening the route in surveyor it is no longer checked off. This causes the intermediate signal on the adjacent track to not read ahead to the next interlocking in surveyor or driver. This is on both the Searchlights and Safetrans (particularly 05 and intermediate 06 signals) on any route.

Is this a known bug or is there something I am doing wrong?

Thanks in advance. The signal library seems great otherwise!

Heading off to bed, saw your message, maybe this link will help.....Night all........

https://www.google.com/search?q=automatic+Mode+Signals+in+Trainz&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

Images for automatic Mode Signals in Trainz

More images for automatic Mode Signals in TrainzReport images

Safetran signals in TANE - Trainz Forum

forums.auran.com › ... › Surveyors, Operators & Engineers

Dec 31, 2015 - 15 posts - ‎6 authors
You'd use Advanced Mode with a signal set to type Interlocking. ... it must be set to Automatic mode, as distant signals are a type of Automatic.Red Signal - no train approaching
10 posts
Oct 13, 2011

Path control and scripted signals
5 posts
Jul 31, 2011

Signal operation
6 posts
Jun 24, 2009

More results from forums.auran.com

Beginners guide to Trainz - Train-Sim.com

www.trainsim.com › Forum › Auran Trainz › Auran Trainz

Jan 23, 2012 - 7 posts - ‎1 author
This is a dummies guide for people new to Trainz, whether you're ... First question is "where's all the downloads", since Trainz has an automatic download helper, ... stock while searching for signals, and you can also type keywords in the .... CAB mode has the realistic controls and physics for the grownups.

HowTo/Configure An Interlocking Tower - TrainzOnline - Help Pages

online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php/.../Configure_An_Interlocking_Tower

Oct 16, 2015 - An Interlocking Tower (aka Signal Tower) is an in game object ... Open the Tracks tab, activate trackside mode, and use the properties tool to get the signal ... to have a look at the route the automatic path generation has taken.

Trainz/refs/Tips And Tricks-route building - Wikibooks, open books for ...

https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Trainz/refs/Tips_And_Tricks-route_building

(Be sure auto-rotate is on.) ... Make a note of these (by the old-fashioned pencil-and-paper method if necessary) as you swap between Driver and Surveyor mode. .... Trainz AI Drivers (and the mini-map) will display these as a red signal.

Trainz/Trainzoptions.txt file - Wikibooks, open books for an open world

https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Trainz/Trainzoptions.txt_file

The INI file Trainzoptions.txt is used by the loader module (the EXE file which any Trainz ... default video mode, initializing Trainz with the basic 1024x768 Super-VGA (SVGA) mode. .... This will affect how the autopilot reacts to the signals - how soon it will begin to slow .... -vsync=XXX, Cur, Activates automatic 'vertical sync'.

[PDF]Untitled - Trainz

www.trainzportal.com/files/TANE/trainz_a_era_manual_digital_en_150513.pdf

Industry. Tutorial 5. Signals. Tutorial 6. Objectives. Tutorial 7. Realistic Mode. .... Automatic. Junction. Placement. When a junction or “turnout” is created, ...

[PDF]Advanced Traffic Light System – (ATLS) - boatztrainz.co.uk

www.boatztrainz.co.uk/signals.pdf

The normal Trainz automation may be overridden by the use of ATLS. This is an ... 'Level Crossing Mode' Tutorial will be sufficient for Sen City Signal use. To access ... clears (after trains have left), the signal returns to 'automatic'. The other ...

how to signal ahead of a lift bridge - Jytte's Trainz

trainz.christrup.net/TRS/tut2.html

Aug 25, 2008 - Unfortunately, putting a signal at either end of such a bridge ... This will cause the signal to go to automatic mode (and give you a green light if ...

JS-Home.org: trainz/js-TRF: PathControl

www.js-home.org/trainz/pathcontrol/

PathControl allows you to specify path in your yards by specifying signals and ... Automatic mode allows the driving algo (some call it AI driver) to manipulate the ...

It does seem to be a bug, as I have the same problem with it unticking on the automatic and restricting boxes after saving. I will report it on my bug report.

Last edited:
8cffa5d8-a03d-43bc-b321-50dc31252e93.jpg

John, this is what JR's overview manual states about "automatic mode":
By default signals function as if they are remote controlled CTC or they do not attempt to read the block ahead unless a train is approaching them. This option sets the signal to automatic; always reading the state of the block ahead whether a train is approaching it or not. This is useful for ABS or any other situation where automatic signals are required. (now, since we are experiencing some problems getting the setting box to remain ticked after saving signal properties, this might not work as intended. As stated in another post, I'll send a bug report about it to N3V)

Back