Looking for old-style US grade crossing gates

prr325

Boarded April 2010
Greetings.

I have looked on the Download Station, looked on numerous third-party websites (payware and freeware), and have not been able to find gates like these. Perhaps someone can point me in the right direction.

I have uploaded a small zip file of info that shows the kind of crossing gates I'm looking for. The package of three items is at
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_UdCjI1Gr0rTlh0Uy1pUW1oaEE/view?usp=sharing

Hurrs_swilliamsport_rrxing.jpg is a picture of such gates. They were painted black and white, had a drop-down support rod at midpoint. Another distinctive feature of these gates was that there were two on each side of the tracks: when down they blocked both directions of travel on both sides of the tracks. Made it a lot harder to "drive around the gates".

78320-A-crossing-gate-painting.pdf is a PRR Standard Plan for painting such gates (they were not reflective). They also provide some information on size as it is drawn to scale.

Finally, Williamsport Div ML_5thAveGradeCrossing.jpg is an out-crop from a 1918 PRR Valuation Map. This shows the crossing gate placement on both sides of the track; gates are marked with red arrows.

So... does anyone have any idea if such gates exist in Trainz? I've spent 3-4 hours over several evenings looking, to no avail. But maybe someone else knows where some can be found.

Thanks for your time and attention.

You might a bit too specific and what you find might need a bit of customization.

For starters look for BNSF50's crossing gates, which are on the DLS, and the NRC series in particular.

He has older-style Griswold and Wig-wag gates. These will require ATLS to configure them.

In the future would you mind hosting your pictures on a file/image host such as Host Then Post? www.hostthenpost.org It makes it a lot easier for people to view the images especially since these images were compressed in a .7z archive, which people will look at and not bother to download.

Hi Jim and John. I can only assume what Jim is looking for because I have searched for nearly the same thing. Jim to my knowledge there are none available but I do remember seeing Jerker or victrainz working on a set a few years ago. If I am not mistaken, I assume you are looking for something like this?:

Thanks for posting this.

I checked what I have installed and I am also unable to find anything similar.

Back