Comp problems

Yeah but i bought a DVD version of the game.:( plus I didn't finish the installation so it didn't give me a chance to say yes to it (as I said in the post).

hmmm i dunno then dude.......didnt leaver your dvd laying around any magnets did ya... like speakers? that can suck info off quick

What radius has magnets around speakers have? and I've been laying Cd's no top of my computer (which is underneath a speaker) for ages and the only thing that happened was that my computer would get hot until I had made a DVD rack.

Last edited:
I can't see anything wrong with that post apart from I went off track.

If you ask me if zombies had eaten my brain I would say yes.

I am abandoning the forums for a long time because everybody just yells at me.

Here's my point of view of my problem:

My computer owns my attitude so when nothing brakes I feel normal and friendly but when a game brakes (If it's not my favorite game brakes i am ok because I have something else to play) but if that game brakes my anger goes up and so my attitude changes so where I am at the time that I find out that my game is broken is where I direct all of my anger.

Need I say more?

What radius has magnets around speakers have? and I've been laying Cd's no top of my computer (which is underneath a speaker) for ages and the only thing that happened was that my computer would get hot until I had made a DVD rack.

DVDs are optical, magnets have no effect what ever on optical media unless you drop the magnet onto the DVD from a great height. Same for CDs. Floppy disks are different they use magnetism to store information.

Cheerio John

My computer owns my attitude so when nothing brakes I feel normal and friendly but when a game brakes (If it's not my favorite game brakes i am ok because I have something else to play) but if that game brakes my anger goes up and so my attitude changes so where I am at the time that I find out that my game is broken is where I direct all of my anger.

Need I say more?

Well, lets put it this way.

The way you come across in your posts, you demand things, not ask politely, some of us cannot even fullfill politely asked requests, because we are busy ourselves, let alone demanded ones.

Secondly, we give you instructions, you seem to be unable to A) use your own initive and B) ability to follow them. That tests our paitence and with the way you react, we get to a certain limit, before everyone stops and doesn't bother to help you, or they explode in anger.

Thirdly, its not the program thats the problem, its your computer, with the increadable lack of information you have given us on the basics, we cannot even help you. Here is an excellent suggestion for you. Read up how to fix simple errors and then sue that as a way of looking at everything else. Don't say you haven't got time, don't say you cannot be bothered, because to be honest, if you really cannot be bothered to adjust your attitude at certain aspects of computing, why were you let loose on a computer to begin with?

End of rant.

Oh and learn to Read The Flipping Manual!

EDIT: Of an idea, it sounds like you use your PC for gaming which probably means your data holds little or no value, don't do this if you share your PC with everyone else!
Get a floppy disk, create a boot disk, then when the boot disk starts up, type in "format C: /q", restart, reinstall windows and reinstall everything from scratch (drivers and all, make sure you grab these before you start!) and now you should have an error free reinstallation of windows without any of the old files causing any problems.

If you are wondering, a reformat actually wipes your hard drive clean (well near enough), so you loose EVERYTHING.

Last edited:
Well I don't know know to adjust my attitude.

And I've done a reformat and it hasn't really done anything it has just got rid of all of my dud games.

Edit:Oh yeah I do follow most of your instructions and on the container port thread I am very ambitious.

And ask poliely? Never thought of that at least that's what I think.

I have no idea why I was let loose on a computer.

I have still got a lot to learn to communicate on the innernet.

Last edited:

Need I say more?

Well, if you are unable to control your anger and try to vent it here there is no surprise that people yells at you if you yell at them or have a nasty attitude when you come here cause you are mad that "your favourite game broke". If you are unable to control yourself, don't expect others to do it.

All that said, if you tune it down a bit and are more polite towards others, follow directions and answer questions in a more polite manner I'm sure all will go swell. When people ask you for information be patient and post it, it will help them to narrow down your problem, remember, they are not there with you so they need as much info as you can give them.

cheers

Well I don't know know to adjust my attitude.

And I've done a reformat and it hasn't really done anything it has just got rid of all of my dud games.

Drivers? No, didn't think of that, did we?

As for your attitude, time for you to start learning. I can become explosive (goes with my hair colour), but its got more rare as the years go on. I've had to adjust to a lot of things in life and it aint easy if you are under a condition known as Aspergers.

No I didn't run one. But i think that that would have helped. i think that I will do it next time.

Shall I?:(

P.S.My specs are AMD Athlon(TM) possessor 1.84/512 MB of RAM

OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Professional
Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2 Build 2600
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name BEN
System Manufacturer NVIDIA
System Model AWRDACPI
System Type X86-based PC
Processor x86 Family 6 Model 10 Stepping 0 AuthenticAMD ~1837 Mhz
BIOS Version/Date Phoenix Technologies, LTD 6.00 PG, 1/29/2003
SMBIOS Version 2.2
Windows Directory C:\WINDOWS
System Directory C:\WINDOWS\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Locale United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "5.1.2600.2180 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158)"
User Name BEN\Ben
Time Zone GMT Standard Time
Total Physical Memory 512.00 MB
Available Physical Memory 186.48 MB
Total Virtual Memory 2.00 GB
Available Virtual Memory 1.96 GB
Page File Space 1.22 GB

there are a few problems that jump off the page in this information
1) 512 MB of ram is way to little for traiz to run smooth
2) looks like you are running onboard video and that is eating into the limited amount of ram you have already, this is causing your computer to use the page file to shift the data back and forth to the hard drive, this is very slow compared to ram.
9er

I have read your advice but i would like for you to know that I have recently got new parts for my comp and heres my new specs.

note: please excuse irrelevant posts.

------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 9/10/2007, 18:47:09
Machine name: BEN
Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp_sp2_qfe.070227-2300)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: NVIDIA
System Model: AWRDACPI
BIOS: Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3200+, MMX, 3DNow, ~1.8GHz
Memory: 2048MB RAM
Page File: 457MB used, 3483MB available
Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
DX Setup Parameters: None
DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.2180 32bit Unicode

continued

Last edited:
------------
DxDiag Notes
------------
DirectX Files Tab: No problems found.
Display Tab 1: No problems found.
Sound Tab 1: No problems found.
Music Tab: No problems found.
Input Tab: No problems found.
Network Tab: No problems found.

continued

--------------------
DirectX Debug Levels
--------------------
Direct3D: 0/4 (n/a)
DirectDraw: 0/4 (retail)
DirectInput: 0/5 (n/a)
DirectMusic: 0/5 (n/a)
DirectPlay: 0/9 (retail)
DirectSound: 0/5 (retail)
DirectShow: 0/6 (retail)

continued

---------------
Display Devices
---------------
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 6600 GT
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip type: GeForce 6600 GT
DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0140&SUBSYS_21101682&REV_A2
Display Memory: 128.0 MB
Current Mode: 1024 x 768 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Monitor: Plug and Play Monitor
Monitor Max Res: 1600,1200
Driver Name: nv4_disp.dll
Driver Version: 6.14.0011.6218 (English)
DDI Version: 9 (or higher)
Driver Attributes: Final Retail
Driver Date/Size: 6/29/2007 00:43:00, 5690624 bytes
WHQL Logo'd: Yes
WHQL Date Stamp: n/a
VDD: n/a
Mini VDD: nv4_mini.sys
Mini VDD Date: 6/29/2007 00:43:00, 6807328 bytes
Device Identifier: {D7B71E3E-4200-11CF-786D-1B0103C2CB35}
Vendor ID: 0x10DE
Device ID: 0x0140
SubSys ID: 0x21101682
Revision ID: 0x00A2
Revision ID: 0x00A2
Video Accel: ModeMPEG2_A ModeMPEG2_B ModeMPEG2_C ModeMPEG2_D ModeWMV9_B ModeWMV9_A
Deinterlace Caps: {6CB69578-7617-4637-91E5-1C02DB810285}: Format(In/Out)=(YUY2,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive
{335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(YUY2,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch
{6CB69578-7617-4637-91E5-1C02DB810285}: Format(In/Out)=(UYVY,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive
{335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(UYVY,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch
{6CB69578-7617-4637-91E5-1C02DB810285}: Format(In/Out)=(YV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive
{335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(YV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch
{6CB69578-7617-4637-91E5-1C02DB810285}: Format(In/Out)=(NV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive
{335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(NV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch
Registry: OK
DDraw Status: Enabled
D3D Status: Enabled
AGP Status: Enabled
DDraw Test Result: Not run
D3D7 Test Result: Not run
D3D8 Test Result: Not run
D3D9 Test Result: Not run

continued

-------------
Sound Devices
-------------
Description: Realtek AC97 Audio
Default Sound Playback: Yes
Default Voice Playback: Yes
Hardware ID: PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0059&SUBSYS_1C0C147B&REV_A2
Manufacturer ID: 1
Product ID: 100
Type: WDM
Driver Name: ALCXWDM.SYS
Driver Version: 5.10.0000.5780 (English)
Driver Attributes: Final Retail
WHQL Logo'd: Yes
Date and Size: 1/28/2005 10:48:58, 2310272 bytes
Other Files:
Driver Provider: Realtek Semiconductor Corp.
HW Accel Level: Full
Cap Flags: 0xF5F
Min/Max Sample Rate: 100, 192000
Static/Strm HW Mix Bufs: 26, 4
Static/Strm HW 3D Bufs: 26, 4
HW Memory: 0
Voice Management: No
EAX(tm) 2.0 Listen/Src: Yes, Yes
I3DL2(tm) Listen/Src: Yes, Yes
Sensaura(tm) ZoomFX(tm): No
Registry: OK
Sound Test Result: Not run