Railroad 101: Signaling Systems

https://youtu.be/ZztUxEUi290

This is a very useful webinar video on railroad signaling. It includes a discussion about how the block system works, ABS, and then discusses route-control and speed-control systems.

Hello John,
Hope you are doing well.... especially your eye, sir!!!

I have always catch your posts here and there, and you have posted up many useful informational videos, for example like the google map link I caught in some thread, not a video but very useful nonetheless ... so if I may, here is a suggestion, sir!!!

I strongly suggest you create a thread in the community section, give it a name, and then updated periodically with these useful videos, and / of informational links you seem to post up all the time!!! It would be all in one place, and we, the community, can subscribe to such a thread so we can get email notifications whenever you update it.

Another example, is the link you have posted up many times about searching for kuids ... should be there too!

The community can refer this new thread to novice, and the alike, when feasible!

Take Care!:wave:
Ish

Hello John,
Hope you are doing well.... especially your eye, sir!!!

I have always catch your posts here and there, and you have posted up many useful informational videos, for example like the google map link I caught in some thread, not a video but very useful nonetheless ... so if I may, here is a suggestion, sir!!!

I strongly suggest you create a thread in the community section, give it a name, and then updated periodically with these useful videos, and / of informational links you seem to post up all the time!!! It would be all in one place, and we, the community, can subscribe to such a thread so we can get email notifications whenever you update it.

Another example, is the link you have posted up many times about searching for kuids ... should be there too!

The community can refer this new thread to novice, and the alike, when feasible!

Take Care!:wave:
Ish

Hi Ish,

I'm doing okay. The eye is recovering s l o w l y - and too much too slow for my liking, but it is getting better. I have to flood the eye with expensive over the counter drops 3 or 4 x per day, but that's the only thing so far. No surgery needed - yet.

Anyway, that sounds like a good idea; must think on it.

John

Morning John glad to hear the eye is better we're all pulling for you I'll be sure to say a prayer for your continued recovery! 😉

Morning John glad to hear the eye is better we're all pulling for you I'll be sure to say a prayer for your continued recovery! 

Thanks, Blue. You're prayers seem to be working. :)

The video I posted here is a bit light on a lot of little details, but it gives a nice overview of signals and their circuitry, which actually helps us here in choosing which signal goes where.

I watched the whole series of videos, there are four not counting the introduction, and the one on operations is interesting too as it gives the max and average speeds of the various train types.

Hi Ish,

I'm doing okay. The eye is recovering s l o w l y - and too much too slow for my liking, but it is getting better. I have to flood the eye with expensive over the counter drops 3 or 4 x per day, but that's the only thing so far. No surgery needed - yet.

Anyway, that sounds like a good idea; must think on it.

John

Hi John --
About your eye, sir, that's great to read, thanks for sharing your info -- Hope all the best as time passes!!!!

Saw the signal video -- kudos!!!!

Take Care
Ish

Yea, I also noted and watched several of the others in the series. All are very informative and should help planning our virtual routes where real physical constrains also have to be simulated. If I want to double, triple or even quad my track, no one and nothing stands in my way, except the time it takes me to do it, unlike the real guys with all the agreements , etc., they need.

From the same people, I wonder what this would have looked like had they used Trainz to demo the Future of the Northeast Corridor.

Yea, I also noted and watched several of the others in the series. All are very informative and should help planning our virtual routes where real physical constrains also have to be simulated. If I want to double, triple or even quad my track, no one and nothing stands in my way, except the time it takes me to do it, unlike the real guys with all the agreements , etc., they need.

From the same people, I wonder what this would have looked like had they used Trainz to demo the Future of the Northeast Corridor.

Good question!

Trainz would have brought their vignettes alive and they could have used real models instead of those made from cardboard, plastic sheets and Styrofoam, which is what these look like in the video though they are really generic AutoCAD or some other architectural renderings.

In the video series, I found the operations video to be of particular interest as well.

Back