My new simulator game idea (Unfinished)

collinsfamily3

Dear Jointed Rail,

This is my Idea for a new simulator Called Midwestern Train Sim. I wanted to create this sim since January of this year because I noticed that Only MSTS (and 1 route for Rail works AKA TS 2017) had Mid-Western Routes which isn't really fair. This issue has almost gone unnoticed until now with Midwestern Train Sim. Note that this sim actually includes routes that are in what used to be the Louisiana Territory in 1803, so the sim will include routes from Montana, Wyoming, Oklahoma, Louisiana, and Arkansas, in addition to states that most people already think of as Mid-West. like Missouri, Iowa and Illinois.

Arguably, You can say that the next Simulator should have Routes like Donner Pass, Cajon Pass, and West Colton; But In that case, You don't understand what it's like Elsewhere in the world. Also, This could possibly be leading us to global rail simulator where it doesn't include European, Eastern American, or Western American routes; but I don't see that picking up soon. Note that this sim should also be compatible with Trainz.

Routes

LaSalle, Rockford & Central

The LaSalle, Rockford & Central was a route for MSTS That goes from LaSalle to Granville taking about an hour. The YouTube Channel At the Railyard made a video about it so go check it out for more information.

Scenarios:
-Rockford Switching
-29 tankers, 1 grain (Rockford to Granville)
-UP Grain Train to LaSalle
I have so many ideas that I want to share with you! What do you think I should add?

Blackwood Creek

This is my Idea for a new simulator Called Midwestern Train Sim. I wanted to create this sim since January of this year because I noticed that Only MSTS (and 1 route for Rail works AKA TS 2017) had Mid-Western Routes which isn't really fair. This issue has almost gone unnoticed until now with Midwestern Train Sim. Note that this sim actually includes routes that are in what used to be the Louisiana Territory in 1803, so the sim will include routes from Montana, Wyoming, Oklahoma, Louisiana, and Arkansas, in addition to states that most people already think of as Mid-West. like Missouri, Iowa and Illinois.

Arguably, You can say that the next Simulator should have Routes like Donner Pass, Cajon Pass, and West Colton; But In that case, You don't understand what it's like Elsewhere in the world. Also, This could possibly be leading us to global rail simulator where it doesn't include European, Eastern American, or Western American routes; but I don't see that picking up soon. Note that this sim should also be compatible with Trainz.

If I may, a whole new train simulator would not be necessary to have mid-western routes. There are already a number of mid-western routes available for Trainz. JR's Midwest grain is an example of one. I also recall that someone made Chicago's "racetrack" area. I believe that it is on a 3rd party site. Also, there should be at least a few midwest routes on the DLS.

If you cannot find any mid-western routes that are prototypical or are not to your liking you can create one... Trainz is most well known for its easy to use yet still powerful route editor/creator.

The idea of a "global rail simulator" sounds awesome to me!

Speaking of simulators with routes in a particular region, I see MSTS, Railworks/TS2018 and Bluesky Interactive's "Pro Train Perfect" series (MSTS and Trainz based simulators) actually have more prototypical German routes than what's available for Trainz (non-PTP) users. There's an MSTS mega route called "Wupper Express" which is basically several German routes conjoined into a network like the actual German network, even if it's mostly former West German cities (e.g. Cologne) so far. I personally think we should make routes like that when we have powerful enough computers one day and it would be nice to either explore the German rail network in Trainz or even explore the American east coast with a mega route network similar to MSTS's PRR Eastern Region route (the Pittsburgh Line, Keystone, and Northeast Corridors combined) and even have the right content for them.

I'm not a fan of Euro Truck Simulator, but I did watch some videos, especially about the map in that game and I think they're already doing it with the map of Europe despite of it being a downsized version of the real Europe. It's basically the same approach Rockstar Games did to make the Grand Theft Auto maps. The only sim that I know and I own that has the entire world in it is Flight Simulator X, but I don't think anyone should try modeling the entire world in Trainz even when there's areas that don't have a rail network. Before anyone replies, I don't believe a new global Trainz based simulator will not happen anytime soon, but it's worth thinking about it even as more and more prototypical routes get released over time. There should also has to be a healthy balance between details in a lot of areas as well when there's a large demand of highly detailed routes based on accurate maps and the 1970s ECML route from the last few Trainz releases pretty much started the trend.

Last edited:
Back